Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2013, 01:18 PM

63 posts, read 141,453 times

Advertisements

I'm working through a college transfer class at CPCC and I have decided that I would like to go into Business Admin/Management. I've been looking at colleges in this area all afternoon and I like the looks of UNCC, Catawba, Belmont Abbey, Queens, and Winthrop's programs. Queens, McColl school looks great as does Belmont Abbey's.

I was curious if anyone here has gone through a business program for a four-year college/university and how did you choose your school? I have been looking at college rankings, teacher/student ratios, cost, etc.. I am an adult learner (33 years old) who is married with a family and so I will not be doing the whole traditional college experience. In fact, I am trying to do as much online as I can before I get to the actual business specific course work. I'll be financing this through federal student aid, not private loans.

My family and I would like to stay in the Charlotte metro area because of of the business outlook as well as the fact that we have family here and enjoy this area immensely. Ideally, I would like to get my Masters Degree either in Business or in a area that would strengthen my BSBA. So would you recommend a MBA or a complimentary degree? I already plan on some coursework in Non-Profit Mgmt as I currently work in that sector and really enjoy it.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 02:24 PM

1,763 posts, read 3,293,640 times
Federal student aid usually means loans as well. I highly recommend keeping loans to a minimum and look closely at UNCC first.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:27 PM

63 posts, read 141,453 times
I understand that. What I meant is that I don't think I could qualify for schools that only offer private loans, and cannot qualify for federal aid. I had that happen when I went to Berklee School of Music. From what I am seeing, I could do adult undergraduate through Queens, Catawaba (at CPCC), or even Belmont Abbey (at Charlotte Catholic) nights. All of those have federal loan programs and I could take them on nights or weekends. I'm not ruling out UNCC either, but I am trying to choose the right fit for my life while ensuring that I get the best education I can.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:25 PM

1,304 posts, read 4,322,293 times
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but thought you might want to consider Wingate University as well. They have just announced that they will have adult undergrad and graduate courses available in Ballantyne beginning this fall:

Adult Bachelor Degree - Wingate University School of Graduate and Continuing Education

http://www.wingate.edu/ballantyne/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte