Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2006, 09:30 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,380,432 times

Advertisements

I met someone today that said they heard about an amusement park, something like a Busch-Gardens type place, being built. They said they heard it was supposed to be along rte 3, maybe in either Mooresville or Kannapolis, but they weren't sure. I've never heard about this at all. Has anyone else here heard rumor of this???

THANKS!

BxRosie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2006, 09:32 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,473,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
I met someone today that said they heard about an amusement park, something like a Busch-Gardens type place, being built. They said they heard it was supposed to be along rte 3, maybe in either Mooresville or Kannapolis, but they weren't sure. I've never heard about this at all. Has anyone else here heard rumor of this???

THANKS!

BxRosie

No, but that would be great. I love that kind of thing.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:59 PM

872 posts, read 3,585,830 times
Nope haven't heard of any amusment park being built here.

Old 10-13-2006, 08:17 AM

1,417 posts, read 6,909,556 times
Yes, I heard something very breifly on the news several weeks ago about that. Dale Earnhardt, Jr. (race car driver) is building a racing-type theme park in Alabama or one of those gulf coast states, not here. The mix-up may have come from the fact he lives in Mooresville. There is already a major Six Flags/Busch Gardens-type theme park here in the Charlotte area (Paramount's Carawinds). There's no way an area our size could support two large theme parks.

Old 10-13-2006, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendnc View Post
Yes, I heard something very breifly on the news several weeks ago about that. Dale Earnhardt, Jr. (race car driver) is building a racing-type theme park in Alabama or one of those gulf coast states, not here. The mix-up may have come from the fact he lives in Mooresville. There is already a major Six Flags/Busch Gardens-type theme park here in the Charlotte area (Paramount's Carawinds). There's no way an area our size could support two large theme parks.
THANKS!! That must be where all the confusion is coming from since DEI is down the road from our subdivision. I can't see where in this area they would even consider putting one. Didn't even know there was one in Charlotte.

Rosie

Old 10-19-2006, 02:44 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,346,393 times
Quote:
THANKS!! That must be where all the confusion is coming from since DEI is down the road from our subdivision. I can't see where in this area they would even consider putting one. Didn't even know there was one in Charlotte.

Rosie
I guess you haven't been around much

Old 10-19-2006, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
I guess you haven't been around much
NOPE...just moved here in August. Don't go to many amusement parks either, I have vertigo & can't go on the rides anymore. Which kills me because I used to be a roller coaster freak...the bigger the better! Now I can't even look at them without getting dizzy!!!

I'm guessing that's what you meant by my not having been around much??

BxRosie

Old 10-22-2006, 01:08 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,346,393 times
Quote:
NOPE...just moved here in August. Don't go to many amusement parks either, I have vertigo & can't go on the rides anymore. Which kills me because I used to be a roller coaster freak...the bigger the better! Now I can't even look at them without getting dizzy!!!

I'm guessing that's what you meant by my not having been around much??

BxRosie
Yep!
I don't go either - proposed park was years ago and just talk at the time. Not heard much more about it: WHEW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte