Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 10:46 AM

37 posts, read 62,086 times

Advertisements

We have a screened back porch that was added to our house in 1985. It has a flat roof (would NEVER do a flat roof again) which we replaced around 10 years ago. There is an attic space between the ceiling of the porch and the roof. I have noticed that the roof now has a dip in it where water accumulates. At some point in time I think moisture/water has gotten into the attic space as I can see mildew growing on the ceiling in the same distribution as the ceiling joists.

I need to find somebody to look at the roof and also to be able to replace ceiling joist, etc if necessary.
Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 10:47 AM

958 posts, read 1,725,461 times
Flat Roof = Bad News for sure! I have one!

Old 07-16-2013, 07:59 PM

821 posts, read 1,855,595 times
check with Aim Improvements. He's has a FaceBook page. Another option would be Crown Builders on Monroe Road. Crown does big and little projects. We have used three times and be very satisfied. They get good reviews on Angies List (we subscribe). I suspect that with both the recent rainy period has both far behind on their work, so you might have to wait. I would at least find someone who can stretch a blue or gray tarp over the area to keep any addition water out of the area. Just a thought
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte