Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 08:27 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,454,732 times

Advertisements

Everyone I know that has purchased one loves it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 08:31 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Everyone I know that has purchased one loves it.
I just don't understand WHY they have to cost so much, they are made up of foam and air!!!

Old 11-09-2007, 08:37 AM

185 posts, read 583,156 times
Thumbs up QVC reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Would anyone care to weigh in on whether or not a Sleep Number bed is worth the $3 to 4000 price tag? I know they will let you have one for a free 30 day trial, but then you have to foot the bill to ship it back if you don't like it!
Hey loves! If you go to Qvc.com click on "for the home",then "sleep number" beds, there are many reviews there. I know this because I'm looking into one as well! Hope this helps. Thanks for starting this thread.
Have fun in your new bed of choice

Old 11-09-2007, 08:44 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,454,732 times
Quote:
I just don't understand WHY they have to cost so much, they are made up of foam and air!!!
Well you know air is getting expensive these days

I think it has more to do with the controls and pump than the actual foam and air but that's really just a guess since I don't have one or haven't used one.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothis View Post
Hey loves! If you go to Qvc.com click on "for the home",then "sleep number" beds, there are many reviews there. I know this because I'm looking into one as well! Hope this helps. Thanks for starting this thread.
Have fun in your new bed of choice
This is a GREAT tip - thanks! Will definitely check that out

I can have "fun" anywhere, I'm just looking for a decent nights sleep

Old 11-09-2007, 09:42 AM

448 posts, read 1,855,524 times
Sam's Club has the same kind of bed on their website. I just bought a King Size for $1300. Previously I had a Queen Size Nautilus, also airbed, and let me tell you, that mattress feel like the first day I bought it, more than 5 years ago. Yes they are pricey, but they don't go flat or bad, it is like having a new mattress for years. Also, I've been sleeping very comfortably for all these years. I wouldn't mind spending the money on something that is worth it.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:03 AM

185 posts, read 583,156 times
Quote:
This is a GREAT tip - thanks! Will definitely check that out

I'm just looking for a decent nights sleep
OHHHHH .....so THATS what beds are for, who wudda thunk it.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:46 PM

396 posts, read 1,434,678 times
Loves, I've also been thinking of buying a select comfort. We sleep on a King matress, and the only way to get it upstairs into our bedroom was for the movers to (wince) bend it. We need a new mattress now, but I don't want to buy another regular mattress since I'll have the same problems getting it up the stairs, so the select comfort has intrigued me. I'm on vacation the week of thanksgiving and will be staying at a Radisson one night just so I can use their sleep number bed to see how I like it. Not to hijack your thread, but if you take the price of the sleep number bed out of the equation, would that "bump" it up in some people's minds?

Old 11-09-2007, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3johnsons View Post
Loves, I've also been thinking of buying a select comfort. We sleep on a King matress, and the only way to get it upstairs into our bedroom was for the movers to (wince) bend it. We need a new mattress now, but I don't want to buy another regular mattress since I'll have the same problems getting it up the stairs, so the select comfort has intrigued me. I'm on vacation the week of thanksgiving and will be staying at a Radisson one night just so I can use their sleep number bed to see how I like it. Not to hijack your thread, but if you take the price of the sleep number bed out of the equation, would that "bump" it up in some people's minds?
Definitely, the price is the only thing holding me back. I feel like the mark up is just incredibly obscene! I am getting some good tips here on alternatives however, so I may pursue another brand bed. But hey, if I win the lottery before I buy Sleep Numbers are on the house for everyone here!

Old 11-09-2007, 01:10 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,211,245 times
Quote:
Would anyone care to weigh in on whether or not a Sleep Number bed is worth the $3 to 4000 price tag? I know they will let you have one for a free 30 day trial, but then you have to foot the bill to ship it back if you don't like it!

Now, Tyndall Furniture in Pineville has their speciality bed with materials supposedly invented by NASA called the Visco Memory Foam bed. They sell for between $1000 and 2000, but because they are local at least returning it wouldn't be so expensive.

I HATE the idea of spending so much money on a bed! Though I do realize a person spends something like a third of their life in one, so it ought to be a good one.

Any thoughts, suggestions for other beds I should consider and where to see them in Charlotte?

Okay...how's this

The average life span of a mattress is 8 to 10 years

Now if you take the price of the Sleep Number Bed (say $3,500 - which is in the middle of the two figures you quoted)

Then take the number of years you will more than likely have your Sleep Number mattress (I will use 9 years in this particular case/or 108 months/or 3240 days)

Divide $3,500 by 3,240 days...you are now only speaking of this bed costing you little more than a $1.00 a day (I think you are well worth more than a $1.00 a day! )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte