Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 05:16 PM

40 posts, read 146,421 times

Advertisements

Hi There,
I'm on the hunt for 2 real wood bunk beds for my 2 boys. I really want them to be 100% wood and not vaneers, etc. because I want to make sure they're sturdy. Does anyone have any suggestions where I can search for that? I saw a few postings for some children furniture stores but I think they carry mostly wooden vaneers which isn't as good quality as real wood.

When I did a search, The store Colony came up on Providence Road. Does anyone know if they sell Bunk Beds or anything about Colony? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 5,598 times
Did you find the bunk beds you need?

Old 11-18-2008, 12:38 PM

69 posts, read 344,531 times
This End Up Furniture Co., Inc.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:37 PM

123 posts, read 303,658 times
Have you tried Slumber Kids?

Old 11-18-2008, 02:11 PM

1,311 posts, read 4,681,457 times
I was looking for the same thing...everywhere sells veneers it seems. I was able to find some on craigslist. It's an older set, from back when wood things were made of wood. It might be a good place to keep an eye on.
Best of luck!

Old 11-18-2008, 07:47 PM

124 posts, read 440,519 times
If you don't mind paying for shipping and waiting:

Gothic Cabinet Craft - - Real Wood Furniture at Incredible Prices

Looks like they ship out of state. We've had several pieces of furniture from them over the years and the quality is great. And it's 100% REAL wood!

Old 11-18-2008, 07:58 PM

221 posts, read 724,525 times
how about the unfinished furniture shop (they can finish it for you too) Unfinished Furniture Shop Charlotte (http://www.unfinishedfurniturecharlotte.com/ufchome.htm - broken link)

or at the hickory furniture mart....they have an amish retailer that apparently makes furniture from real oak and cherry www.amishoakandcherry.com

Old 11-19-2008, 12:09 AM

450 posts, read 2,321,796 times
If you don't mind driving from the Charlotte area a bit toward Kernersville/Greensboro area, we have found a lot of real wood furniture, and specifically a solid pine bunk bed for my kids at Colfax Furniture- it's off I-40 and it's been so long since I have been thete I cannot remember what exit but I think when you go past Winston-Salem it's an exit that exits in the left lane. I'm sure they have a website or are in the Yellow Pages.

It's a warehouse of "damaged" and new furniture and we have bought some good quality stuff from there, the bunk we bought was new/undamaged and perfect, and they actually had more of them and were able to get more in- some things are as-is and the only one, it just depends. The bunk we got is VERY sturdy and solid wood. It easily holds adult weight on top without feeling unsteady. I don't know how to describe the place, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about- they sell new stuff as well as stuff that for some reason is considered damaged, or came from stores that were bought out- I never saw anything there that was too damaged and saw a lot of things that were brand new.

We've bought a solid wood bunk bed, sleeper sofa, recliner, and in the past I've bought a bedroom suit, couch and loveseat set and new discounted mattresses. I look for solid wood- it's hard to find completely solid wood these days that doesn't have some type of veneer somewhere, but I hate that cheap particle board veneer junk..and hate solid wood with veneer over it.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:42 AM

359 posts, read 1,144,340 times
you can also try Pennsylvania Wood on Monroe Road. They have ready furniture or do build to order. Pennsylvania Wood furniture hand built by Master craftsman 8620 Monroe road, charlotte, Nc 28212 Phone 704-531-7118 Hours 10am-6Pm Closed Tuesday & Sunday

Old 11-19-2008, 11:31 PM

248 posts, read 747,667 times
Unfinished Furniture Shop is a good place to start...

That reminds me of the two bunks I inherited from when I was a kid. They're Ethan Allen maple and I'm missing the rails from one bed. Ineed to find realy wooden rails, finished or unfinished. I'm going to go look at UFS this weekend, but does anyone else know where you might find replacement furniture parts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte