Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 08:14 AM

206 posts, read 798,971 times

Advertisements

I was reading the Lakeview Farms website and have a couple of questions for those of you that use them.

Are they actually a farm, they seem to sell anything?

Is the milk good?

Does anyone know of a milk delivery service that delivers fresh, organic milk? I am assuming if I can't get it delivered that I can buy it at Earthfare; is this correct?

TIA!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 08:37 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,423,332 times
Yes, EF, Home Econmoist Market, Harris Teeter and most Bi-lo's sell organic milk. The one person I know that uses Lakeview isn't on this board anymore. It looks like Lakeview only has the Horizon Organic 8 ounce boxes (probably UHP). Earth Fare sells fresh milk (non organic, but all natural) which is from Homestead Farms in Southern VA. It comes in a glass bottle which has a $1.50 deposit. After reading the site, this also what Lakewview sells. They also have Stonyfield yogurt (which is all organic now). I don't think LV Farms has a dairy; it seems to be a delivery service; I may be wrong.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:39 AM

206 posts, read 798,971 times
Thanks for the info. It seems to be just a delivery service to me too. We like fresh milk in the glass bottle. I will research Homestead Farms and see what their milk is like.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCtoCLT View Post
Thanks for the info. It seems to be just a delivery service to me too. We like fresh milk in the glass bottle. I will research Homestead Farms and see what their milk is like.
It's really good, but since it's fresh, the exp. date is usually within a week. The Fresh Market on 51 had to stop selling it because people would return it after it went bad. Dumb***es

Old 11-10-2007, 09:15 PM

1,105 posts, read 4,569,446 times
I know lots of people that use Lakeview and love it. I haven't made the switch just because I am too cheap and it is slightly more than the organic milk at the grocery store when it is on sale. Regular prices are about the same. I try to get my organic milk as often as I can from BJ's or Sam's. It is quite a bit cheaper there.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:44 AM
nik

58 posts, read 244,819 times
We use Lakeview Farms and love it. The milk is all-natural (it isn't certified organic because it is cost-prohibitive for small dairies to become certified organic unless they sell their milks to large distributors like Horizon or Organic Valley.) The milk comes from Homestead Creamery in the Blue Ridge area of Virginia. I called the dairy to find out more about the milk. The cows feed only from the grass in their fields and they do not use any hormones or anti-biotics. The milk is wonderful. They sell it at Earth Fare (but it costs a lot more there) if you want to try it. Jim Price, the owner of Lakeview is great.

We also love the Natural Honey-Peanut Butter that they sell.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:48 AM

1,242 posts, read 4,034,610 times
Default made the switch to lakeview and love it!

We don't mind spending more on groceries if it is better for your helath so we get the eggs, milk and ice cream, cheese, etc. from them. I love the delivery service and I don't think it is really expensive if you are already on an organic diet.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik View Post
We use Lakeview Farms and love it. The milk is all-natural (it isn't certified organic because it is cost-prohibitive for small dairies to become certified organic unless they sell their milks to large distributors like Horizon or Organic Valley.) The milk comes from Homestead Creamery in the Blue Ridge area of Virginia. I called the dairy to find out more about the milk. The cows feed only from the grass in their fields and they do not use any hormones or anti-biotics. The milk is wonderful. They sell it at Earth Fare (but it costs a lot more there) if you want to try it. Jim Price, the owner of Lakeview is great.

We also love the Natural Honey-Peanut Butter that they sell.
The 3.79 a quart at Earth fare includes $1.50 deposit, but 2.29 a quart is still high.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:33 PM
nik

58 posts, read 244,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
The 3.79 a quart at Earth fare includes $1.50 deposit, but 2.29 a quart is still high.

Through Lakeview Farms, you can get 1/2 gallon for $3.29+deposit.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:38 PM

Can you pick stuff up from Lakeview (I know they are off of Gold Hill Rd) and do they have farm fresh egg nog in glass bottles?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte