Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 09:26 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times

Advertisements

we bought our kids mattresses there and we were very pleased with the price and the service..they were both Full Size...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 10:24 PM

1,559 posts, read 688,844 times
My personal experience with Original Mattress is great. So great in fact that over 13yrs I have purchased 3 beds from them. Let me say my Queen is 13yrs old, but when it was about 10, I went to purchase a full size. Casually I mention about our 10yr mattress needing some repairing (indents, and such),and what kind of warranties are on mattresses, and they came and picked it up from my house in the morning and had it back to us I believe the very same day, and it was like brand new, and they didn't charge us anything. I was so impressed with that service, that when it came time to ordering our King size, we went right to OM. I have only good words for them, and feel bad for all that had a terrible experience with them.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:40 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,117,119 times
Bought a King Size last year and thought the price and service was great. However, the past 2 or 3 months my back has been killing me every time I wake up. I'm not 100% sure it's the mattress, but my back does feel better later on during the day. My chiro has one from them and he told me to call them to replace it as he did. He likes his new one but his first mattress he got from them wasn't good. He said they replaced it quickly.

I have about a month to decide. I don't think it passes the 2" test to get the replacement though.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:22 AM

2 posts, read 95,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarononymous View Post
Prices seem pretty competetive, & I see they offer a latex foam bed for around $1000 queen size. I was reading another post about the sleep number beds and it mentioned to look for a mattress with 5.2 psi density or something. Theirs is listed as 5.0.

Just wondering if anyone has tried their products
Yes, I have. I bought a Queen Pillow Top mattress from them at their South Blvd. location in Charlotte. For the first year and 1/2 I slept really good. Then the body impression started, right in the middle of the bed. I weigh 180 lbs. so I am not big. I called them and some guy came out to look at the bed and the frame. He told me my frame did not have enough support. I told him it is a standard frame with a support in the middle and a middle brace. He told me I needed to get bricks or blocks of wood to support the head and feet area. I told him what good would that do since the sagging is in the middle of the bed and not at the head or feet area. He told me there was nothing they could do. Supposedly this bed has a 12 year pro-rated warranty, which I am in the process of contacting the owner of Original Mattress to see what they can do. So far they told me that body impressions are normal for a pillow top. Had I known I could only sleep on it for one year and a half I would not have spent 1000 for it. I don't sleep on it now, I sleep on the bed I had in the guest room. The Original Mattress bed gave back aches and kept me up most of the night. Instead of waking up refreshed, I would wake up feeling like I was hit by a bus. I would say stick with the national brands like Sealy and Simmons. My guest room mattress was an inexpensive Sealy and I sleep better on that than the Original Mattress Pillowtop.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:34 AM

2 posts, read 95,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb113072 View Post
My mattress is from Original Mattress Company, I obviously am the minority on this thread because I hate it! We have had an awful time with both the mattress and the store (south blvd). It was their top of the line mattress in 2000. It was great for about 2years then it went downhill. It is very uncomfortable, has huge dips where my husband and I sleep (btw we are not overweight). I wake up in pain every morning. We have tried getting them to replace it but the indentions were 1/8 in too shallow to qualify and the store is rediculous to deal with. Just mho. Good luck with whatever you buy. We are looking to replace it with the sleep number bed.
Be careful before you buy a Sleep Number bed. I was looking into that also, but only about 50% of the people who reported on it are happy. Complaints are that it is hard to get comfortable. The motor during the night keeps adjusting the bed while you sleep. After a couple of years mold sets in. The air chamber leaks. The air chamber is only 24 inches on dual air beds. There are a lot of reviews that say it is way over priced and a total waste of money. Most say go to a regular bed place, take your time and try out all the beds to find out which is the most comfortable. Stick with the national brands.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:41 AM

285 posts, read 800,027 times
I think Costco had a foam mattress for about 500. but I don't know the size or the density. I was just amazed at the size of the box

Original mattress has great deals on twins

oh and the shops at nottingham has 50% off most everything in the store and they did have mattresses. just an fyi

Old 02-16-2009, 08:08 AM

18 posts, read 142,598 times
My fiancee got a late night visit to the emergency room and a respiratory infection due to, as far as we can tell, the fire resistant chemicals OMF uses. Even after a month of trying to air it out, they came and replaced our first mattress. It still bothered her so they replaced it again. When we had no luck with the third mattress, we asked for a refund which, surprisingly enough to me after using 3 mattresses, they gave us. There was a definite chemical smell to the mattress but it didn't bother me the way it bothered her. I found it comfortable the nights I did sleep on it, though. And I have to give OMF high ratings for their customer service.

We eventually got an England mattress from the Bakerbilt store (I don't remember the name but it's on 49) in Harrisburg and she hasn't had any problem since.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:01 AM

1 posts, read 47,505 times
Default Number Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by robretpd View Post
5.0 density per square foot is fine imo
I recently bought a new bed from Original Mattress Factory and so far, so good. Their guarantee is very good and they are local, even the factory. They will take the mattress back change it if you change your mind in the first year. Like I bought a super pillow top, but if I choose later to get rid of the extra pillow top padding, they will convert it to a plain mattress ticking. THE BIG ADVANGTAGE with them is they are about the only ones that make the ticking on both sides, so you can flip them for longer life. I found no one else that does this. They even have a reminder system to do this.

As for the Number Bed. I had one for a year and a half, king with two separate air mattress controlls. It became a canoe. They tried to fix it my sending me strips of foam to put between the two air mattresses. I finally threw it out. 2000.00 down the drain. Good luck and hope this helps.

Marc Scheel

Old 03-12-2009, 01:49 PM

1 posts, read 47,357 times
I HATE my mattress from Original Mattress Factory. I bought a queen size ultra plush posturepedic in Feb 2007. Had it for 10 months and decided this was not the bed for me. According to their warranty you can return it with in one years time for exchange on a different one. I, too, had the sagging problem. At 150 lbs it shouldn't be sagging in the middle. They came out to my house, checked it, and said everything looked OK. Still, I returned it. I watched them, in the factory, take it apart and rebuild it into a new mattress. Has not made one bit of difference. I wake up every morning with a sore back, sore neck and so stiff I can hardly move in the morning. Now I'm stuck with a mattress set that has cost me well over $1000. I just called them and asked for a copy of my invoices so that I can try to sell it. I will NEVER shop there, nor will i ever refer anyone to The Original Mattress Factory.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:31 PM

2 posts, read 59,843 times
Worst purchase decision of my life. $1400 mattress delivered is much more firm than the floorroom model. Their only suggestions are to add 2 1" foam pads in the hopes that it will "loosen up" enough for my wife and I to sleep on it, or upgrade to a much more expensive bed - at our cost. Absolutely unacceptable customer service. NEVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte