Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 11:21 AM

15,368 posts, read 12,706,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post
Just keep us posted as to where the young single female flight attendants end up
focused on the right thing^^^

I also think it's odd that someone from ATL is scared of the Charlotte crime map. I doubt Charlotte is any worse than ATL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 11:47 AM

55 posts, read 211,476 times
Welcome to airline "We will call you as soon as you leave your house " lol We live on the eastern side of Gastonia and drive time to airport employee parking is 20min. I take Hwy 74 and rarely get delayed. I85 is a few minutes quicker, but congested during rush hour. Not familiar with local apt. prices, but I would look from Redbud drive back towards Belmont. Plenty of shopping and dining choices and still only 30min. to uptown.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:57 PM

9 posts, read 18,787 times
Thank you

Old 08-12-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
Colonial Grand at Ayrsley (near Steele Creek) starts around $750 for a 1 br and about $1000 for a 2 br. Again, for those willing to room together that may be an option (as I believe some of the utilities are included - I could be wrong). We have a house in that neighborhood and can be at CLT in 20 minutes. We used to travel a lot for work, so that factored in to our initial choice for a location. You can hop on the 485 inner loop without getting on 77, so the commute is generally not affected by the morning rush.

There are also several townhomes for rent in that area - again, for those willing to room together for a while, that could also be a viable option.
I will look into this and pass the info on. Thank you

Old 08-16-2013, 07:40 PM

45 posts, read 97,874 times
I used to live in Steele Creek and I worked in the area near Beam Rd. and Yorkmont -- not quite as far as traveling to CLT, but same general direction. Traffic was seldom a problem, I used to make it in as little as 15 minutes, sometimes 25 - 30. (Hint: Hwy 160, Steele Creek Rd. is usually less busy than South Tryon).

As for rents, apartments along South Tryon near Steele Creek Rd. might run a bit more than you want to pay, but if you go for a 12 month lease you can get pretty close. HTH.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:19 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,546,370 times
Isn't callout 1:30? Why not live further out? Lower prices and better areas. Lots of airline folks live in Rock Hill due to taxes. Once you are a block holder you can bid early or late shows to avoid traffic.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Isn't callout 1:30? Why not live further out? Lower prices and better areas. Lots of airline folks live in Rock Hill due to taxes. Once you are a block holder you can bid early or late shows to avoid traffic.
If this merger doesn't go through I'll be looking at being on reserve for about 10-15 yrs. I'm open to living further out. I was on 77 on a Saturday afternoon and the traffic heading north from SC was backed up. My only concern about 77 is getting called out during morning rush hour. SC is an option. I have a few places on my short list

Old 08-24-2013, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawk55 View Post
I used to live in Steele Creek and I worked in the area near Beam Rd. and Yorkmont -- not quite as far as traveling to CLT, but same general direction. Traffic was seldom a problem, I used to make it in as little as 15 minutes, sometimes 25 - 30. (Hint: Hwy 160, Steele Creek Rd. is usually less busy than South Tryon).

As for rents, apartments along South Tryon near Steele Creek Rd. might run a bit more than you want to pay, but if you go for a 12 month lease you can get pretty close. HTH.
Thank you

Old 06-17-2014, 09:10 AM

2 posts, read 1,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usflygirl2012 View Post
All input will be greatly appreciated. There are many new flight attendants that are moving to the Charlotte area. We need some assistance with finding decent/safe apts, rental homes/condos etc. Some of us are already here and some are still in training. We usually do not know where we will be based at until about a week before graduation. Then we only have 5 settling days to get moved. Unfortunately many have jumped at the first place offered to them. Please help

The group of us that are looking now are seeking a one bedroom, a two bdrm Is ok if it fits the budget. All of us are moving from out of state, everybody is trying to set up a home here. We all have cars, so being down the street & around the corner from the airport is not necessary. We are willing to drive further out to be safe. Nobody has any school aged children, therefore schools are not a concern.

We're all new hires, therefore our budget is not the greatest. $500-$625, $650 is probably the max. I'm currently in Charlotte, but I'm looking outside, towards Gastonia, Belmont, Mt. Holly, Lake Wylie etc. I know Fort Mill & Rock Hill are decent, but I'm concerned about traffic on I-77 N on the days that I get called in and have 90 minutes to report to the airport (morning rush hour)

Does anybody know anything good/bad about Davis Crossing Townhomes/Apts in Gastonia? Or Hamilton's Bay Condos in Lake Wylie? I heard the water bill can be very high. I thank you all in advance. Any info I receive I can pass on to everybody else.

Iam sure alot of people have rooms to rent or affordable housing , I am looking to rent to room to Flight attendants and/or contractors , check craigslist and do your homework .

Old 06-17-2014, 09:33 AM

2 posts, read 1,103 times
Check Craigslist , and make sure to check all places before you rent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte