Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 12:06 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,805,219 times

Advertisements

Just went to the actual website and the starting rent is $500, which is not bad...but its a couple hundred more than $300.

Martha Washington Apartments Floor Plans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 12:09 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,194,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Just went to the actual website and the starting rent is $500, which is not bad...but its a couple hundred more than $300.

Martha Washington Apartments Floor Plans
I didn't say you could live at Martha Washington for 300. I said less than 700. Waaay less.

MY FRIEND rents a multiplex apt for $300. The point is THEY ARE THERE. Y'all mean well, but don't know the actual market as well as you think...

Old 08-13-2013, 12:21 PM

328 posts, read 616,164 times
300 is nutty cheap, but I know someone who lived in a 2br in Elizabeth for like 675. It was really large with nice hardwood floors and a sweet porch. Someone on Vail I think. Anyway, it is do-able with a little luck.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:22 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,646,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
I didn't say you could live at Martha Washington for 300. I said less than 700. Waaay less.

MY FRIEND rents a multiplex apt for $300. The point is THEY ARE THERE. Y'all mean well, but don't know the actual market as well as you think...
Who claimed to know the market well? This is why we are asking who, how, where? LOL...

Old 08-13-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast127 View Post
300 is nutty cheap, but I know someone who lived in a 2br in Elizabeth for like 675. It was really large with nice hardwood floors and a sweet porch. Someone on Vail I think. Anyway, it is do-able with a little luck.
$300 is unrealistic without a roommate...

I believe Native but I don't think one can go into Elizabeth with less than $600 given westcoast link.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Who claimed to know the market well? This is why we are asking who, how, where? LOL...
lol

Didn't mean to offend you, hope you got some news you can use!

Old 08-13-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
$300 is unrealistic without a roommate...

I believe Native but I don't think one can go into Elizabeth with less than $600 given westcoast link.
Gawtawmitey.

The dang link shows 500 dollar one BRs!

Believe it, or not. This info is legit.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:16 AM

10 posts, read 12,101 times
Thank you for the helpful tips, but I don't believe Charlotte is as expensive as San Fran, and I lived in really crappy crack infested places and still had to shell out 1200 for a studio. So expense is relative and depending on where I look I believe I can find something in my price range and not be in a total crappy place. Charlotte maybe little more expensive than Birmingham but I think 700$ is decent middle ground range set. If I have to up my budget I will but I believe I can find something nice with what I have.
I'm glad you guys are dog friendly and bike friendly here. It's hard to find enough dog parks in Birmingham, or bike lanes to bike. Thanks for the heads up on NoDa. I wasn't expecting it to be anything like San Fran. I expect Charlotte to have its own vibe that makes your city beautifully unique. I reading some online publications like Creative Loafing for more info on your city. Are there any other online publications to look at?

Old 08-14-2013, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
Gawtawmitey.

The dang link shows 500 dollar one BRs!

Believe it, or not. This info is legit.
LOL.. maybe it is legit but I like to use caution when dealing with the lowest price available in a complex. A lot of times the place is either too small or unavailable by the time you make your appointment.

Those banners that say "first month free" are technically legit as well.

I also found a review from 2011 about these apartments:

Now that each resident is screened for crime and drug convictions, the residential quality here has improved considerably. The major problem now is that ownership/management are more concerned with their bottom line and not with their renters. It takes months to get maintenance issues resolved that deal with plumbing and insect elimination. The interior of the apartments are damp and result in mold growth and paint coming off the ceilings and walls. Each apartment receives a dehumidifier but that causes an increase in your electric bill and makes little progress in removing moisture.

Everyone's comfort level is different but sometimes you get what you pay for...

Last edited by Feltdesigner; 08-14-2013 at 07:49 AM..

Old 08-14-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddCB View Post
Thank you for the helpful tips, but I don't believe Charlotte is as expensive as San Fran, and I lived in really crappy crack infested places and still had to shell out 1200 for a studio. So expense is relative and depending on where I look I believe I can find something in my price range and not be in a total crappy place. Charlotte maybe little more expensive than Birmingham but I think 700$ is decent middle ground range set. If I have to up my budget I will but I believe I can find something nice with what I have.
I'm glad you guys are dog friendly and bike friendly here. It's hard to find enough dog parks in Birmingham, or bike lanes to bike. Thanks for the heads up on NoDa. I wasn't expecting it to be anything like San Fran. I expect Charlotte to have its own vibe that makes your city beautifully unique. I reading some online publications like Creative Loafing for more info on your city. Are there any other online publications to look at?
I use CL the most for publications. I know they have a few magazines like Upscale, SouthPark, etc.. but those are mostly glam mags filled with store ads and 1 or 2 fluff pieces on local businesses. Not sure if they have online publications but they probably do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte