Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 10:48 AM

279 posts, read 447,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
I currently live in an apartment dwelling, and the leaf looks inoffensive enough. If I could somehow disguise the Freevision, it looks to be a worthy trade up .
You could mount it right outside on your patio or deck. It's really not that noticeable of an antenna.

I suspect that you won't be able to receive WHKY from their little wimpy transmitter in E. CLT. I suspect they have that there so they can meet the absolute minimum requirements to be carried on the Charlotte cable systems via the FCC must carry rules. The only way I can see you getting it would be to get at least a 4 bay or even an 8 bay antenna and point it at their main transmitter in Hickory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2013, 06:10 PM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,646,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
I'm real happy with the HDTVa and I'd love for you to buy it and compare. With the VHF leads extended though you need some space. But I keep it on top of a bookcase.
Thanks, GCharlotte . Do you find that you need to extend, or place the telescoping antennas in an awkward fashion, to attract many stations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barфsa View Post
I suspect that you won't be able to receive WHKY from their little wimpy transmitter in E. CLT. I suspect they have that there so they can meet the absolute minimum requirements to be carried on the Charlotte cable systems via the FCC must carry rules. The only way I can see you getting it would be to get at least a 4 bay or even an 8 bay antenna and point it at their main transmitter in Hickory.
What you say makes sense. I'm sure the over-the-air market will further develop, as more people nix cable to save money.

Thank you both for sharing your time, and experience

Old 08-17-2013, 06:17 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,761,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
Thanks, GCharlotte . Do you find that you need to extend, or place the telescoping antennas in an awkward fashion, to attract many stations?
The telescoping are only for VHF which in this area means channel 42. If you have an Android phone pick up TV Antenna Helper to see how far you are from which stations. If I don't extend them at all then I get everything else fine. I don't get 30 out of Rock Hill which is 30 miles from the house but maybe I could if it was in the attic but I guess you don't have one of those.

Everything marked "green" on the app I can get. Channel 14 is marked "x" but is 36 miles away and I don't care about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte