Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 09:39 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,893,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I just bought an open box stainless steel convection oven from Best Buy at Concord Mall... it had a scratch that no one can see unless you point it out to them. Regular price $880... they knocked $350 off of it and delivered, installed and hauled the old model for free.

My washer and dryer are from Plaza on Monroe Rd... felt like I got a good deal. Dryer made a horrible noise the first time I used it and they replaced it next day. No problems since. They charge for delivery.

I'm getting ready to buy a dishwasher because my current model is leaking and came with the house. I tried BB Concord but their scratch and dents were really scratched and dented this time. I'll probably wait until the November Energy star tax credit unless I find a deal that's too good to pass up.

I looked at HHGregg but the prices were a little high IMO... didn't try to negotiate though because I was just doing a price comp.
Lowe's usually has dishwashers in their clearance section and are negotiable. I bought a really nice Bosch one there last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 09:40 AM

162 posts, read 731,027 times
Any comments on package deals? Are the worth it?

Old 08-26-2013, 10:37 AM

198 posts, read 293,127 times
We bought a packaged deal this weekend (since we are doing a kitchen remodel)... and out of all the available options (online vs in-store) .. we found Sears givign out the best !!

but yes - it was time-sensitive.. we needed the appliances now.. and sears had this 25% off 3 or more appliances.. so it worked out.. also we got the brands we wanted !

they even gave us in writing that if the price for any of the appliances come down in the next 60 days they are going to match it...

Old 08-26-2013, 10:45 AM

13,394 posts, read 27,283,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapsme View Post
Any comments on package deals? Are the worth it?
I'm looking at a Lowe's flyer now. Some savings as low as $143 on a 4-piece suite, another $354, and another $527. They are worth it if you want those identical appliances. My attention was also caught by $850 off on a French-door refrigerator. You just have to do the comparisons vs. you would prefer to have.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
I'm looking at a Lowe's flyer now. Some savings as low as $143 on a 4-piece suite, another $354, and another $527. They are worth it if you want those identical appliances. My attention was also caught by $850 off on a French-door refrigerator. You just have to do the comparisons vs. you would prefer to have.
wow the prices seem exciting... where can i lay my hands on the lowes flyer? available online ?

Old 08-27-2013, 06:29 AM

62 posts, read 219,760 times
Remember if you are buying stainless, the "colors" are different when mixing brands. We compare LG with Samsung and there is a very noticeable difference in the appearance.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgilbert View Post
Remember if you are buying stainless, the "colors" are different when mixing brands. We compare LG with Samsung and there is a very noticeable difference in the appearance.
correct.. so in case u want to have an uniform color better to stick to same brand.. also keep in mind the lighting scheme in the kitchen.. there is somethign called "brushed stainess" i am not too sure.. but heard the associates in lowes talkign about it...

Old 08-27-2013, 07:13 AM

13,394 posts, read 27,283,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppi2012 View Post
wow the prices seem exciting... where can i lay my hands on the lowes flyer? available online ?
Lowes mailed us the flyer last week, but there are some better prices online. You have to be careful about some with "Satina Steel" finishes, as it isn't really stainless steel.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:23 AM

227 posts, read 394,852 times
Lowes price-matches to competitors, and beats them by 10%. I'm moving into a new house in late-September and I found that out a couple weeks ago. I bought this fridge from Best Buy for $2,000 a few weeks back, but I declined their extended warranty because of the price (maybe $350?). I went to Lowe's the next day, and they matched the $2,000 plus gave me 10% off. Since their extended warranty was closer to $150, I made out like a bandit.

When I bought a washer/dryer last week, they price-matched to Home Depot plus I was eligible for a $160 rebate.

So if you want to buy locally and want an extended warranty, I'd just look for the best price among Best Buy, HH Gregg and Home Depot, then ask Lowe's to match it plus 10% off.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:52 PM

136 posts, read 394,005 times
Is there a Sears Outlet in the Charlotte area? That's where we got some of our appliances here in NY and got 50% off a brand new Samsung French door refrigerator because there was a tiny dent on one of the sides. Great place to look for scratch and dents, though it can all be hit or miss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte