Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2013, 09:58 PM

748 posts, read 1,775,800 times

Advertisements

Anyone in Mooresville have them for broadband?

Windstream sucks. but I switched to MI yesterday, and the Internet goes down every hour and I have to reboot the modem.

I haven't canceled Windstream yet, and I'm wondering if I should stick with them, being possibly the lesser of two crap bags.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 06:47 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,397,355 times
I thought MI-Connection was pretty terrible when I lived in Cornelius. The internet would always suck if I tried to have two computers online at the same time. They tried to blame it on my router, but worked fine as soon as I moved and switched to TWC.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:50 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,966,700 times
We left MI-Connection a couple of years ago for TWC. I enjoyed the improved quality of the TWC service much more, but their billing antics and poor customer service drove us back to MI-Con.

Since coming back to MI-Con and being outfitted with new modern TV boxes and modems, the service level has increased dramatically. Plus there has not been a billing or customer service issue to document.

As much as I HATE the fact that MI-Con is a dog of a deal that our former town leaders (hah!) saddled the taxpayers with, I have to commend them on their performance.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:32 PM

2 posts, read 2,294 times
Hello all. I've moved from Russia 4 month ago so I don't have any credit history. So the option was only MI. Every day inet down have to restart my modem. I was claimed I would pay 100$ for inet, tv basic+ and voice. But bill is always from 112-128$ monthly. There are aot of taxes, fees and unknown retranslation fee.

Old 08-31-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahan1 View Post
Hello all. I've moved from Russia 4 month ago so I don't have any credit history. So the option was only MI. Every day inet down have to restart my modem. I was claimed I would pay 100$ for inet, tv basic+ and voice. But bill is always from 112-128$ monthly. There are aot of taxes, fees and unknown retranslation fee.
Welcome to the USA, Pahan!

Yes, there are several taxes and fees on cable TV bills and wireless, postpaid, mobile telephone bills. They're broken out on your detailed statement and they do add about 10% or so to the cost each month.

Old 08-31-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobosCurse View Post
...the Internet goes down every hour and I have to reboot the modem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pahan1 View Post
Every day inet down have to restart my modem.
I am surprised by this since you both have new service. Before I left MI-C the last time, I was restarting the modem every day or two.

Since I came back to them earlier this year, I've only restarted the modem once or twice. And we run several computers and tablets simultaneously in our home.

I'd advise you both to contact Tech Support at MI-C and see if they can offer any assistance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte