Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 02:32 PM

415 posts, read 608,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
Polio is required - where did you hear that?
I am not aware of anyone who will refuse to see an unvaccinated child. That said, they will most definitely make suggestions.
Sorry I misspoke. I have found a few docs there since the thread started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2019, 07:05 AM

1 posts, read 728 times
Do anyone know of any anti free vaccine doctors in Charlotte?

Old 10-16-2019, 12:56 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,133,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metairie View Post
I am considering moving to Charlotte for my business. Before I do I have two things to iron out: copperhead snakes and a doctor who will see my autistic son without vaccinating him. Before anyone gets too emotional I'm not Anti-Vaccine, my son was quite normal before having some bad reactions to vaccines. I am not implying cause and effect either, I just fear the worst if we give him more shots.

And please PM me, I don't want doctors to get publicly known and back-lashed for helping a family.
I understand. Parents of vaccine-injured children are not 'antivaxxers'; we DID vaccinate & found out sooner than most, what that really means for real kids.

I would try Osteopaths or even Chiropractors. Several years ago there was a trend for doctors to be very provaxx but this is starting to swing the other way.

Especially as the number of injuries are mounting in NY; in the children of parents bullied into vaccinating per the new mandates. Kids are being hospitalized & parents are posting pictures of very severe reactions on social media. Only those most susceptible to propaganda will still be blind to the truth but it's sad so many kids are being hurt before it could happen.

Old 10-16-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
Please don't bring your unvaccinated offspring to my town.
Why? You're not vaccinated?

Maybe you got some of those vaccines that are only good if everyone ELSE gets them? You know; like the Emporer's New Clothes?

You can only see them if everyone else does first! LOL.

Old 10-16-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
Metairie,

About the vaccines. I can't imagine how I would feel if I believed my child had a reaction to vaccines but I read that most children are diagnosed with autism when they are about 2-3 years old. Would it not seem easy then to blame vaccines? As many vaccines as children are required to have now I would encourage spacing the vaccinations out as much as possible but I would never 'not vaccinate' my child. The benefits far outweigh the risks in my opinion.
Here is what a parent of a vaccine-injured autistic child hears: "Metairie, I can't imagine how I would feel if I believed my child had a reaction to vaccines but you must be too dumb to know any better because your child's reaction was a coincidence'

I am not saying that's what you meant. I'm saying that's what we hear.

Quote:
I hope that if you chose to not vaccinate you will keep your children away from other kids unless you let their parents know that your child is not vaccinated. I personally would not have wanted my child around unvaccinated children. When my son went off to college a few years ago I was upset to find out that unvaccinated kids could fill out a 'waiver' and be allowed to live in the dorms. If you choose not to vaccinate I should be able to choose to not have my child near yours.
Did you get some of those Emporer's New Clothes vaccine's too?

Quote:
I know the argument of 'if you have vaccinated your kids why worry?'. Because babies, pregnant women and those with compromised immune systems are at risk. If more people than not choose not to vaccinate we will see a resurgence of the diseases that we have almost eliminated. When my children were small we almost never heard about whooping cough but it is making a comeback due to parents choosing not to vaccinate. It takes all of us to eradicate disease.
Funny because it takes none of you to help me raise my vaccine-injured child. That would be just me. It's not okay to destroy my child's future with a disability that never should have happened. Maybe when your kid can trade the autism off & on with my kid ... say every two years? THEN I will vaccinate for you but right now your kid is in college & mine can't use the toilet by himself at age 15 so no ... I don't think so.

Old 10-16-2019, 05:13 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,583,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Here is what a parent of a vaccine-injured autistic child hears: "Metairie, I can't imagine how I would feel if I believed my child had a reaction to vaccines but you must be too dumb to know any better because your child's reaction was a coincidence'

I am not saying that's what you meant. I'm saying that's what we hear.

Did you get some of those Emporer's New Clothes vaccine's too?

Funny because it takes none of you to help me raise my vaccine-injured child. That would be just me. It's not okay to destroy my child's future with a disability that never should have happened. Maybe when your kid can trade the autism off & on with my kid ... say every two years? THEN I will vaccinate for you but right now your kid is in college & mine can't use the toilet by himself at age 15 so no ... I don't think so.
Wow. This 6 year old thread has been revived!

Coschristi - I am so sorry you are dealing with autism and its effects. I am sure it is exhausting. Good luck to you and your son.

Old 10-17-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
Wow. This 6 year old thread has been revived!

Coschristi - I am so sorry you are dealing with autism and its effects. I am sure it is exhausting. Good luck to you and your son.
Thank you! BTW, a new poster revived it; I just can't help from blathering on & on, lol.

Old 11-25-2019, 01:52 PM

1,885 posts, read 2,906,859 times
Some vaccinations are required for daycare and school attendance.

https://www.immunize.nc.gov/family/immnz_children.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte