Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2015, 06:45 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,723,610 times

Advertisements

Sorry the guy got killed and I think, generally the police are a bunch of a-holes, but....

If three officers respond, how much does it take just to sit down. Really.

Why can't the message get through. Just sit down or do as they say. It is just not that hard.

It comes down to either wanting to be a bad azz or to live. Simple
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2015, 07:05 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,628,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I have a lot of questions about what happened that night.

I understand there was a wreck. One wonders if the young man killed that night didn't have a cell phone? People seem to have phones glued to their bodies these days.

They said he was looking for help but did he ever ask anyone for help?
His cell phone was found on the floor of his car. He was in a car accident, remember. Common sense would say he couldn't find it because it moved when the car crashed.

Old 08-22-2015, 07:08 AM

7,074 posts, read 12,338,822 times
For the record, I'm a black male and I honestly think Kerrick should walk. The dashcam footage of Ferrell charging at cops did it for me. I do believe race and Ferrell's size scared Kerrick in ways that a bulky white male probably would not have. So YES IMO this was racially motivated to an extent. However, Ferrell charging at anyone (given his size) could be seen as an assault with a potentially deadly weapon. Ferrell was "unarmed", but he was big enough and strong enough to kill without a weapon. I feel in my heart that Ferrell's punishment out-weighed his crime due to his size and color. However, as a black male especially; he should have known NOT to charge at a cop. Black males have been killed by cops in this country for far less than what Ferrell did.

Old 08-22-2015, 07:09 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,583,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxrider View Post
He did commit a crime he was involved in leaving the scene of an accident and was probably under the influence . Bet you wouldn't say the same if he Ferrell was drunk and ran down one of your family members. Only a thug would fight and charge a police officer, so Ferrell was a thug. One less thug in the world now I guess. I hope this officer sues the racist chief of police and the attorney who filed the case. The case was so weak they had to put it in front of two grand juries, that should tell you something and now they lost in the end costing taxpayers millions for nothing. The chief of police and attorney general should be fired .
He wasn't a thug, He got into a wreck and was confused. I hope you never wreck a car like that. At 17 I flipped a car, and should have died in it, when I crawled out my behavior was very bizarre. I just started to run. I have no idea why. It took a bystander grabbing me, and calming me down to get me to realize what happened, and the Chief did one good thing by charging him with a crime. He made it so that this guy will never be a cop again, whether he is acquitted or not, and that I'm happy for. We don't need officers like this on the street.

Old 08-22-2015, 07:31 AM

So you believe he was aware of his surroundings and deliberately ran towards the police? IOW, despite the fact that they did not have flashing lights and did not identify themselves, you think he understood and choose to run between the police cars? Charge the officers as you put it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
For the record, I'm a black male and I honestly think Kerrick should walk. The dashcam footage of Ferrell charging at cops did it for me. I do believe race and Ferrell's size scared Kerrick in ways that a bulky white male probably would not have. So YES IMO this was racially motivated to an extent. However, Ferrell charging at anyone (given his size) could be seen as an assault with a potentially deadly weapon. Ferrell was "unarmed", but he was big enough and strong enough to kill without a weapon. I feel in my heart that Ferrell's punishment out-weighed his crime due to his size and color. However, as a black male especially; he should have known NOT to charge at a cop. Black males have been killed by cops in this country for far less than what Ferrell did.

Old 08-22-2015, 07:33 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
We have no idea what his mindstate was due to the accident.Unfortunately these cops also had no clue he was in an accident. I still think unloading the clip was excessive force but I'm not surprised one bit Kerrick walked.

Its a shame 3 cops on the scene couldnt put down one unarmed man without using a gun

Old 08-22-2015, 07:38 AM

7,074 posts, read 12,338,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
So you believe he was aware of his surroundings and deliberately ran towards the police? IOW, despite the fact that they did not have flashing lights and did not identify themselves, you think he understood and choose to run between the police cars? Charge the officers as you put it?
Simply put. Now that the precedent has been set, a black male cop can do the same to an unarmed white male suspect.....And that cop should walk too.

Old 08-22-2015, 07:55 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,723,610 times
Quote:
Simply put. Now that the precedent has been set, a black male cop can do the same to an unarmed white male suspect.....And that cop should walk too.
That is simple, vindictive thinking.

If someone charges a cop, they are going down. Black, white, red, yellow, brown. And I would not quibble with a dude with a gun what "charges" means for very long.

Why can't this very simple fact resonate and be understood.

These events are not racist, they are stupid.

Old 08-22-2015, 07:56 AM

My comment had nothing to do with the cop. I really wanted you to answer my question about Ferrell

Quote:

Old 08-22-2015, 08:01 AM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshnc View Post
Funny how there never mentioned when a black cop kills a White kid. Never once even makes the news.
You obviously don't read then. They make the news but many Whites in general believe cops always get it right, so they don't make any noise about such instances.

Quote:
The same ones who voted obama in based on the color of his skin.
You mean like White people have been doing since forever? And let's just forget all of the White folks that Black people have voted for in large numbers since forever, and yes sometimes even when other Blacks have been on the ballot.

Last edited by Mutiny77; 08-22-2015 at 08:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte