Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2014, 07:33 AM

407 posts, read 852,026 times

Advertisements

Last evening, in the parking lot of the Brickhouse Tavern in Davidson, my wife and I were attempting to make a leash out of a bungee cord and shoe lace for our 90 lb dog. In our haste to get out of the house we had forgotten ours. A kindly lady saw us struggling with this project, stopped her SUV, got out, went into the back seat, and gave us a very nice leather leash. She rejected any thought of compensation and also my offer to return it to her today or even last night.
As we were walking to the outdoor patio, we both commented that this kind gesture never would have occurred at our previous home.
That is one of the reasons we are glad we moved here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 10:01 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,598,604 times
People providing kind gestures are not pigeon-holed to specific cities or specific regions, just like people acting like complete jerks are not pigeon-holed to specific cities or specific regions.

It's nice to hear a story of someone being a good person, but it's naive to act like this would only happen here, and not somewhere else.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:03 AM

3 posts, read 2,631 times
This is one of the big reasons we moved to Davidson.

The schools are superior as well.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:10 AM

407 posts, read 852,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
People providing kind gestures are not pigeon-holed to specific cities or specific regions, just like people acting like complete jerks are not pigeon-holed to specific cities or specific regions.

It's nice to hear a story of someone being a good person, but it's naive to act like this would only happen here, and not somewhere else.
You "Rained On Our Parade."

Old 06-04-2014, 11:28 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,419,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post

Well aren't you just a peach? Bless your heart.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:19 PM

36 posts, read 49,146 times
I'm glad to hear stories like this. It seems like since northerners have taken over the area, southern hospitality has died.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:33 PM

1,863 posts, read 1,654,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallturtle View Post
I'm glad to hear stories like this. It seems like since northerners have taken over the area, southern hospitality has died.
As a fairly recent member of the area and an ex-"northerner", thank you for your welcoming words. My experiences with those I have had the opportunity to know since I've been here, whether life-long residents or others like myself, have been overwhelmingly positive.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:41 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,572,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacmd70 View Post
Last evening, in the parking lot of the Brickhouse Tavern in Davidson, my wife and I were attempting to make a leash out of a bungee cord and shoe lace for our 90 lb dog. In our haste to get out of the house we had forgotten ours. A kindly lady saw us struggling with this project, stopped her SUV, got out, went into the back seat, and gave us a very nice leather leash. She rejected any thought of compensation and also my offer to return it to her today or even last night.
As we were walking to the outdoor patio, we both commented that this kind gesture never would have occurred at our previous home.
That is one of the reasons we are glad we moved here.
So glad that you are enjoying your new home and encountering nice people! I still believe that most people will help others when given a chance. Hope everyone passes the kindness on.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:03 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,381,448 times
Southern hospitality and a healthy dose of 'dog people' kindness! What a wonderful thing for her to do to help you, and more so for not wanting anything in return.

I always have a slip leash like they use at vets or groomers in my car and usually a spare collar and leash as well in case it's needed, either for my own dog or a dog needing 'rescue.' I don't have any nice leather leashes, though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: