Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 12:25 PM

39 posts, read 48,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Native 1 View Post
Beware of sunburned slightly drunk overpaid executives in tacky clothing running around a field while attempting to hit a round ball with a bent stick. Other than that I think it is safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
HEY......I am NOT overpaid!!
HEY....I am NOT sunburned!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 08:09 PM

254 posts, read 524,316 times
I live on one and love it, I am not in NC yet. My neighborhood we all have 1 acre plus so plenty of land. I have a Par 4 behind me and a really nice Par 3 across the street in front of my house. I get balls once in a while, not a big deal. I always wondered why people would move to a Golf Course and then complain about golf balls or am occasional player retrieving their ball, Serious??? What the hell did you expect??? It doesn't bother me, 3 years and only 1 time did I have to say something (guy was roaming my backyard picking up the balls my kids play with), everyone else has been very professional, most do not even come on the grass, if they don't find their ball in the woods they move on.

I say go for it, but know where the house is relative to the tee box and green.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:24 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,889,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer12 View Post
I live on one and love it, I am not in NC yet. My neighborhood we all have 1 acre plus so plenty of land. I have a Par 4 behind me and a really nice Par 3 across the street in front of my house. I get balls once in a while, not a big deal. I always wondered why people would move to a Golf Course and then complain about golf balls or am occasional player retrieving their ball, Serious??? What the hell did you expect??? It doesn't bother me, 3 years and only 1 time did I have to say something (guy was roaming my backyard picking up the balls my kids play with), everyone else has been very professional, most do not even come on the grass, if they don't find their ball in the woods they move on.

I say go for it, but know where the house is relative to the tee box and green.
We didn't have acre lots, and it was a few times a day with them coming in or my dog running out the gate they didn't close, several balls a day etc. And yes I'm serious and no I wasn't expecting that much of an intrusion as we have gardens and are outside a lot. I just would not purchase a golf course home similar to where I was.

Old 02-22-2014, 02:51 PM

492 posts, read 642,560 times
I live on a Charlotte golf course and love it. The views of lawn and water are beautiful, and we find watching golfers entertaining. Our house is parallel to the hole, with the tee box near the front of our house, and the green near the end of our back yard. Golfers don't hit into our house or yard, so thats not a problem.

If you are looking at houses that are on a golf course there are some lots better than others. If you are on the cart path side of the hole you will hear carts, and see more people. Your yard is more likely to collect golf balls if you are in the middle of the hole, rather than at the tee box or the green.

Some golf courses are wide enough you won't get balls in your yard, so it depends on the course.

Old 02-22-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
We didn't have acre lots, and it was a few times a day with them coming in or my dog running out the gate they didn't close, several balls a day etc. And yes I'm serious and no I wasn't expecting that much of an intrusion as we have gardens and are outside a lot. I just would not purchase a golf course home similar to where I was.
Acre lots help, I am assuming no one Golfs in your family, anyone that Golfs should know what to expect. I would not expect anyone to come through a gate, that is odd.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:57 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,889,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer12 View Post
Acre lots help, I am assuming no one Golfs in your family, anyone that Golfs should know what to expect. I would not expect anyone to come through a gate, that is odd.
Yep I had to padlock it. Then once in awhile they would jump the fence. Sigh. It was very annoying. My husband said it was more like 50 balls a week, I was wrong. We had three laundry baskets full of balls. (Worst to toss into and plastic so it can stay outside)

Old 03-01-2014, 09:39 AM

72 posts, read 175,012 times
Thanks everyone. This property is about a half acre and on the right side of the green/pin. It looks to be a pretty wide green, so that's good. It's also a private course so maybe less traffic? This thread definitely gave me ideas and we will know now to look for damage from golf balls or stray balls in the edges of the yard when we go to look at the property.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
Yep I had to padlock it. Then once in awhile they would jump the fence. Sigh. It was very annoying. My husband said it was more like 50 balls a week, I was wrong. We had three laundry baskets full of balls. (Worst to toss into and plastic so it can stay outside)
Wow that is crazy, I wouldn't be a fan of that either.

OP being Private makes a Huge difference, although mine is not private, it is high end so the rif-raf stays away. Most players are good.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:30 AM

403 posts, read 881,390 times
We have lived on a private golf course lot for over thirteen years....and because of where we are "situated"....(tall trees and locked gate has helped) the problems have been minimal. Yes, we have collected many balls over the years, had one or two broken windows...............but you just can't beat the view, and the privacy of not having backdoor neighbors!! I can think of only one incident that made me want to yell out...but didn't, and that was when a golfer started yelling curse words (to think it is called a gentlemans game.....dugh)!! Of course, I didn't have to say anything.....I just stared him down...and he went on his wimpy way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte