Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 03:43 PM

2 posts, read 1,990 times

Advertisements

Thank for all the replies! We are flying out on Monday to visit and get a feel for the areas that we possibly want to be in. We'll definitely check out Huntersville and Ballantyne. Any "must visit" restaurants/attractions in either of those areas? Suggested neighborhoods?

Lots of Zonies? Haha! Great! I'm anxious about the transition because I have not lived outside of the desert so it's going to be a big change for me (not so much my husband who is from MI.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 07:38 PM

119 posts, read 161,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrandel View Post
Thank for all the replies! We are flying out on Monday to visit and get a feel for the areas that we possibly want to be in. We'll definitely check out Huntersville and Ballantyne. Any "must visit" restaurants/attractions in either of those areas? Suggested neighborhoods?

Lots of Zonies? Haha! Great! I'm anxious about the transition because I have not lived outside of the desert so it's going to be a big change for me (not so much my husband who is from MI.)
We moved here first in 2007 for a bit. It was hard for me but we didn't stay. I wasn't ready, I kept comparing everything to Phoenix. We came back in January and I am so ready for it now. I love everything about this place. Wild horses couldn't drag me back to Phoenix.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:46 PM

What?!! A lot of Zonies are in the Charlotte area? Was it a tough transition? Do you miss the desert?[/quote]

I've met 3 Zonies last week and someone in my complex in the next building has AZ plates.
When I attempted a move the first time in 2007 yes the transition was tough. I moved back to Phoenix that same year...This time around is a different story..I'm in love with NC!!!I'm done with the desert. Now when I think about Phoenix, I think, Oh those poor people still there...LOL

Old 04-16-2014, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrandel View Post

Oh you check out Legendary homes in Huntersville. My husband works for them. They have some nice homes going up. I like the Peninsula area in Cornelius. Nice homes but it's not Scottsdale for shopping. Go to Birkdale Village, in Huntersville, it's kinda like a Kierland Commons kind of thing. Red Rocks is a good place to eat. 131 main in between Cornelius and Huntersville. For lake dining go to North Harbor Club in Davidson or Port City in Cornelius. I think you will like all of those.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:24 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,772,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvPhoenix View Post
What?!! A lot of Zonies are in the Charlotte area? Was it a tough transition? Do you miss the desert?

I've met 3 Zonies last week and someone in my complex in the next building has AZ plates.
When I attempted a move the first time in 2007 yes the transition was tough. I moved back to Phoenix that same year...This time around is a different story..I'm in love with NC!!!I'm done with the desert. Now when I think about Phoenix, I think, Oh those poor people still there...LOL[/quote]

You don't miss anything about the desert? The dust storms, extended summers and violent plant life? C'mon, be honest! Lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte