Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2014, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 705 times

Advertisements

Hey everybody...my wife and I are moving to Charlotte in about a month and will be renting in the city for 3 months while we search for a home. My question is that if we both are working close to the city...what are some of the best places to look for a home? Something with land, good school system and lower crime rate as we will be starting a family. Also what are some of the best places as far as commutes to the city go? Thank again and looking forward to hearing your thoughts!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2014, 03:17 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,706,505 times
Here is a map that will help you choose your area. There is a drop down that will help you choose what you want to check on. I found the colors that most separate the high and low comparison. The more red the less desirable the more green the more desirable if you are checking for income levels. You can decide what you like in other things. I have found that Zillow.com is a good home searching tool. I believe you can even search for rent rates with the map. I have recently discovered this map colors and find it very informative. The USA map with all states is under www.City-Data.com.

https://www.city-data.com/city/Charlo...-Carolina.html

Just scroll down on the page until you see the multicolored map. I hope you have discovered the drop down that lets you see what information you want to check on. For instance to the right of DATA in the top left of the map you can choose houses constructed after 2005 and see where new construction is happening. The darker red areas will be the areas with the older more established neighborhoods. You choose the colors for your map under options. I just realized your choices of colors may not be the same as I chose for my map.

Last edited by NCN; 04-20-2014 at 03:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: