Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2007, 09:10 PM

10 posts, read 36,132 times

Advertisements

We're moving to Charlotte in a few months and are looking for a neighborhood with amenitites (pool, tennis) and families with young kids. We're in early 30's with a 1 year old. My work is all over the place, but would prefer to be north of Pineville-Matthews Road and within 30 minutes of Uptown in general.

So far we like the following: Park Crossing, Cameron Wood, Overlook, Mtn Isle Harbor, Lexington, and Rea Woods.

Any thoughts on these. I'd say our absolute favorite is Park Crossing--anyone else commute to Uptown via Park? How bad is commute?

I've not found any info on Lexington (neighborhood near Mallard Creek in NE Charlotte) on this site.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2007, 09:34 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1229 View Post
We're moving to Charlotte in a few months and are looking for a neighborhood with amenitites (pool, tennis) and families with young kids. We're in early 30's with a 1 year old. My work is all over the place, but would prefer to be north of Pineville-Matthews Road and within 30 minutes of Uptown in general.

So far we like the following: Park Crossing, Cameron Wood, Overlook, Mtn Isle Harbor, Lexington, and Rea Woods.

Any thoughts on these. I'd say our absolute favorite is Park Crossing--anyone else commute to Uptown via Park? How bad is commute?

I've not found any info on Lexington (neighborhood near Mallard Creek in NE Charlotte) on this site.

Thanks in advance!
I like Park Crossing too You should also consider Bellingrath and Beverly Woods East in the South Park area - schools are good and the neighborhoods are very tight knit. But all the neighborhoods you have listed are nice.

The commute from Park Crossing uptown is heavy in morning rush. You would be looking at a solid 35-45 minute trip. But other times of the day the trip is a very quick 20 minutes tops.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:15 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,166,732 times
All nice communities. I like Park Crossing too, but I really like Rea Woods. There's nothing in the MLS listed right now under $600K, though there may be a FSBO in there.

Belingrath and Beverly Woods also good suggestions.

Beverly Crest is nice as well, but lot sizes tend to be small -- it's set up more as a walking community, with sidewalks and such.

Best of luck to you

Old 12-18-2007, 02:02 PM

316 posts, read 394,779 times
Have you thought of Huntersville? Easy commute - look at Macaulay, northstone, birkdale, Wynfield.

Old 12-18-2007, 02:08 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
Have friends in both Overlook & Mt Isle Harbor (Mountian Island Lake) and they love it. They work Uptown and that is an easy commute. Even in the worst rush hour traffic, they can make it usually in 30 minutes. Also I-485 is gonna open by March to I-77 which will give you easier access to North Lake Mall area. That area is exploding in growth!

Old 12-18-2007, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 4,022 times
Just moved to Park Crossing this summer and love it. Commute time to uptown would be about 30-35 minutes. Great neighborhood for famlies. They have alot of neighborhood activities. Check out Parkcrossing.net

Old 12-18-2007, 06:50 PM

10 posts, read 36,132 times
Thanks so much for the info

I haven't looked at Huntersville too much--will check that out also

Old 01-16-2008, 07:24 PM

29 posts, read 98,986 times
we live in Belingrath, moved here six months ago from maryland. Love this neighborhood. very welcoming, lots of families, great schools, near the Harris Y, 20-25 min to uptown, near South park mall, etc. other great close knit neighborhoods are Beverly Woods East, Mountainbrook, Kingswood, Olde Georgetown, Governor's Square...you can't go wrong here.. Best of luck in your search!

Nanine

Old 01-16-2008, 07:51 PM

429 posts, read 730,153 times
Randolph Estates is an established neighborhood closer into town that has 2 homes listed in your price range at the current time. Pleasent Ridge is a new development being built off of Mckee Rd which also fits that price point. Deerfield Creek is excellant, great family enviroment, community pool, tennis courts, walking trails, etc. It has probably gone beyond the 600k price point though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte