Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 10:47 AM

185 posts, read 584,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Family View Post
I couldn't find the cooking classes on their website, what did you click on? Great info in this thread, I am also looking for some classes!
Pa Family, click promotions and events, scroll ! lol

Old 12-27-2007, 03:08 PM

146 posts, read 452,472 times
Duh.... thanks

Old 12-28-2007, 12:02 PM

70 posts, read 236,918 times
newtothis - thanks - they lookk great and are reasonable. J&W wants $140 per 3 hour class - seems a little high to me. Will be trying the first one available after we relocate

Old 12-28-2007, 02:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,924 times
Two more suggestions:

Reid's (Center City @ 7th Street Station) offers interesting cooking classes:

http://www.reids.com/

(Heidi also does occasional classes @ Queens University in Myers Park.)

Cooking Uptown (7th Street near Hawthorne Lane) also has some really good - and varied - classes:

http://www.cookinguptown.com

They're both in retail locations that are a lot of fun for "foodies" to shop.
Reid's is demonstration/sampling and Cooking Uptown is "hands on"/sampling.
(I offered the main sites above. Both have links to their cooking lessons.)

oops. first post and in a hurry ... haven't figured out how to format the urls.

Last edited by kathy28299; 12-28-2007 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: url formatting error

Old 12-28-2007, 04:10 PM

98 posts, read 287,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Family View Post
I couldn't find the cooking classes on their website, what did you click on? Great info in this thread, I am also looking for some classes!
Yeah it was kind of hard to find.

Here is the link to the .pdf which list all of the classes:

http://www.gallery-restaurant.com/do...kingSchool.pdf

Old 12-29-2007, 07:57 AM

kathy28299, Thank you - got both schedules all printed and hope to check out both places next month. Really appreciate your input - have a great New Year

Old 12-30-2007, 04:21 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,917,909 times
I just received this email mesage from William-Sonoma about cooking demonstrations at their South Park and Birkdale locations. I'd call before I went there, however. You never know when there will be a cancellation. Never having attended a class, I can't vouch for their quality, but hope that with their resources they would be good.

As the leading retail authority on kitchen products and entertaining, Williams-Sonoma offers a variety of in-store events:

Demonstrations
At select Williams-Sonoma stores, regularly scheduled demonstrations focus on seasonal foods and entertaining. All are led by culinary experts and offered at no charge.

Technique Classes
We're pleased to offer hour-long technique classes at your local Williams-Sonoma store. Presented free of charge, each class is dedicated to a specific culinary topic led by one of our culinary experts. Class size is limited, so be sure to reserve your space today.

Please join us for culinary demonstrations at your local Williams-Sonoma. Our culinary demonstrations will show you how to use and care for products found throughout the store.

When:
Daily at 2:00pm

Cost:
Demonstrations are free

Where:
Your local Williams-Sonoma store
Find the location nearest you

We're pleased to offer hour-long technique classes at your local Williams-Sonoma store. Presented free of charge, each class is dedicated to a specific culinary topic led by one of our culinary experts. Class size is limited, so be sure to reserve your space today.

Cooking with Citrus, Sunday, January 6
Add tart, bright flavor to savory dishes with nutrient-rich citrus fruits. This class, demonstrates steaming, poaching and cooking en papillotte using oranges and lemons.

Chili Basics, Sunday, January 20
Take your bowl-watching guests beyond chips and chicken wings with a hearty and versatile, chili. We'll teach you how to make a basic chili with delicious variations and share ideas for tasty toppings.

Chocolate, Sunday, February 3
With Valentine's Day right around the corner, we'll share ideas for easy-to-make, decadent chocolate desserts. You'll learn all about tempering and how to make a basic ganache icing.

Stocks, Sunday, February 10
Learn the basic stock-making techniques and how simple it is to keep a supply of your own flavorful stock on hand. We'll cover both meat- and vegetable-based stocks and provide recipes.

Soups, Sunday, February 17
Learn effortless ways to create warming pureed soups that everyone will love. We'll share secrets for creating smooth, velvety soups with great flavor, including low-fat options.

One-Pot Dinners, Sunday, February 24
Simple and delicious one-pot wonders simplify cooking. Using our favorite recipes, you'll learn the basic techniques.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:23 PM

235 posts, read 731,315 times
Great post I love to cook...I will be looking into some of these..thanks

Old 12-31-2007, 06:59 AM

Hey, BarbJ, thanks for the info on the WS classes - suspected they had something but I could not find any info so appreciate the input - Have a great new year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte