Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 04:53 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,700,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Liasons is a nice club but it can be quite a meat market. My wife & I met some friends there for drinks & I had eyes on me from the moment I walked in the door.
Liaison's | Charlotte, NC

Might be because they read you "status" line?

Starting my day off with LOL

je
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 12:33 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,894,400 times
People that label Charlotte as a Bible Belt City don't realize that Charlotte was a huge mecca for gays back in the early 60s. The other big gay friendly southeastern city was Jacksonville, Fl. In Charlotte there was the Anchor Inn, The Brass Rail, The Blue Note and numerous others that I can't recall the names. Charlotte was openly gay before many cities in the north and was a forerunner. I just thought that I would mention that. I am not gay, but I though it was pretty cool that Charlotte was so open in a country where it was still taboo. Charlotte has historically been know as being sort of liberal when it comes to sex with a past of very risque clubs, etc. that aren't around today. There used to be a saying that Charlotte had more churches and wh..ehouses per capita than any other city.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:49 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,607,644 times
Anyone have a recommendation for a gay club for gay automobile dealers?

Old 02-17-2009, 01:20 PM

1 posts, read 7,062 times
i just moved here im a lesbian im trying to see where the gay clubs r at

Old 10-13-2009, 02:04 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,246,296 times
I just moved to Charlotte and am wondering what are the good good gay clubs around here. I've been out a few times and have found that most of the gay clubs cater predominantly to the black population. Most of the ones mentioned in this thread no longer exist. I don't want to be labeled as racist because I am not, I just feel awkward in a club with 500+ people dancing and me being one of only a few white people in sight. Is there anywhere that plays dance/house/trance/top40 rather than hip-hop? I would go to straight dance clubs that offer the environment I am looking for like Halo or Forum but some friends have told me that they will kick out or at least harass gays in those places. This is kind of a culture shock for me.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:18 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,818,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I just moved to Charlotte and am wondering what are the good good gay clubs around here. I've been out a few times and have found that most of the gay clubs cater predominantly to the black population. Most of the ones mentioned in this thread no longer exist. I don't want to be labeled as racist because I am not, I just feel awkward in a club with 500+ people dancing and me being one of only a few white people in sight. Is there anywhere that plays dance/house/trance/top40 rather than hip-hop? I would go to straight dance clubs that offer the environment I am looking for like Halo or Forum but some friends have told me that they will kick out or at least harass gays in those places. This is kind of a culture shock for me.
Q-Notes is the gay newspaper of NC and is based in Charlotte.

Here are some other resources:

Gay NC

Gay Community Center of Charlotte

Out in Charlotte

I hope all of the links work--my browser is acting up right now and not connecting to anything.

You also might just go onto a chat site such as gay.com and ask about the clubs?

Old 10-13-2009, 02:38 PM

2,353 posts, read 4,652,565 times
I'm not familiar with particular clubs, but the guys w/Takeover Friday are GREAT. They meet most Fridays at different clubs or restaurants. It's a fun way to meet people. Because it's usually almost all guys, this week they're having a lesbian takeover at Sonoma on Thursday evening.

Volunteering with Gay Bingo is another really good way to meet people, and find out what's going on in Charlotte. Tickets are almost sold out! The event is November 21st.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:48 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,894,400 times
There is a Lake Norman Gay coelition (I can't think of how to spell coellition). You might want to contact them. I believe the guy in charge is Pete. He also hangs out at Preshutto's in Cornelius also. Anyway, you will find a number of gays uptown nightly. Shouldn't be hard to make connections.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:04 AM

4,588 posts, read 6,417,422 times
Are there any gay clubs that play hip hop? Are there any Latin gay clubs in CLT?

Old 10-14-2009, 11:06 AM

257 posts, read 669,322 times
I think there will be a new one opening at soon. The clubs usually turnover every few years. Velocity closed when Gun and Garden (Halo) opened. Now that it has changed another will probably open up soon. In the meantime I would try the straight clubs like Halo/Forum. You can also go to Scorpios on Sunday nights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte