Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 01:42 PM

3 posts, read 6,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
No, it's not exactly "crime infested" - there are just some problems up near that Northlake Mall area. I do apologize however because the day I wrote that post above I think I got Auston Woods confused with another complex on the other side of the interstate. So I have to take back what I said about totally avoiding this area, so sorry about that
Oh good! So, do you happen to know anything about the Auston Woods area? I think the apts are off of Sunset Road, basically on Peachtree Road, which googlemaps says is about 10-15 minutes from the Northlake Mall. It seemed really nice, but it's really hard to tell just from visiting! I appreciate any help you may have! Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 02:11 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,955,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krystalhaze View Post
Oh good! So, do you happen to know anything about the Auston Woods area? I think the apts are off of Sunset Road, basically on Peachtree Road, which googlemaps says is about 10-15 minutes from the Northlake Mall. It seemed really nice, but it's really hard to tell just from visiting! I appreciate any help you may have! Thanks so much!
Sorry, I don't know anything about that complex. Where will you be working, and how much do you want to spend per month?

Old 01-14-2008, 02:15 PM

42 posts, read 63,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Congrats on your new job

You would probably get more info if you could list specific complexes and their addresses here for us that you plan to see. There are just too many for us to start listing for you I am afraid!
I am in Charlotte right now this minute, and have looked at Cotton Mills Apt. 520 west 5th and Graham. concrete and steel/ Very Manly, secure safe environment. 2 space parking, pool gym, 4 blocks from Tyron street. a little too small for my famliy.
but I give it 5 stars.***** good eats and bars right in the area... watch out for train noise though. be sure to stay long enough to listen for that.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:31 PM

3 posts, read 7,227 times
You can look up crime stats yourself at the PD website: [url=http://maps.cmpdweb.org/]Community Crime Information System[/url]

Old 01-14-2008, 02:40 PM

3 posts, read 6,304 times
Great tip for looking up the crime stats! Thanks!!

As far as work, I'm actually going to be a full-time grad student, probably working part-time at a restaurant or coffeshop. My boyfriend is moving with me and he's an electrician. We're looking for a 2-bedroom around $800 or less, which I know is kind of a tall order. But, as of now, I think we really have our hearts set on Auston Woods, so if anyone has any info that we should know before we commit, please share! It seems really nice!

Thanks for everyone's help!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte