Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2014, 09:08 AM

31 posts, read 57,282 times

Advertisements

Farm at River Pointe
-Near Shiloh Church Rd & Hwy 73
-DR Horton Home
-Schools: Charles E Boger Elementary, Harris Rd Middle, Cox Mill High
-Davidson, Cabarrus County(?)

Fullerton Place Enclave
-Near Harris Rd & Poplar Tent
-Lennar Home
-Schools:Odell Elementary, Harris Rd Middle, Cox Mill High
-Huntersville address, Technically Concord(?), Cabarrus County(?)

-Plan to have kids in 2 years, no daily commute during rush hour
-Read on this forum that with The Farm, you pay higher for living in Davidson, but since it's so far from downtown you don't get the benefits of Davidson
-Will be building in one of these neighborhoods

Any feedback on these neighborhoods or information that should be considered? Or other neighborhood suggestions in that general area at $200-250K?
Thank you!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 09:18 AM

983 posts, read 2,541,725 times
I bought at Waterford, right between these two developments off Shiloh Church. I like Lennar as a builder, they give you a house with everything and you just add very few options to it so you are not lost in the details. I like my community, which is filling up really fast and it's not super huge. I am not crazy about D.R. Horton, so Lennar won my bid. I get Davidson Zip Code and pay Cabarrus county taxes and I think the Schools are Odell Elementary, Harris Rd Middle and Cox Mill High (please verify). There are still a few homes left in the Enclave part (your price range) more left in the Hall part (much bigger homes with brick sideing). Good luck.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:27 AM

Thanks so much happehart! I forgot about Waterford- definitely another great option!

Old 10-15-2014, 10:12 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,959,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewildheart View Post
Farm at River Pointe
-Near Shiloh Church Rd & Hwy 73
-DR Horton Home
-Schools: Charles E Boger Elementary, Harris Rd Middle, Cox Mill High
-Davidson, Cabarrus County(?)

Fullerton Place Enclave
-Near Harris Rd & Poplar Tent
-Lennar Home
-Schools:Odell Elementary, Harris Rd Middle, Cox Mill High
-Huntersville address, Technically Concord(?), Cabarrus County(?)

-Plan to have kids in 2 years, no daily commute during rush hour
-Read on this forum that with The Farm, you pay higher for living in Davidson, but since it's so far from downtown you don't get the benefits of Davidson
-Will be building in one of these neighborhoods

Any feedback on these neighborhoods or information that should be considered? Or other neighborhood suggestions in that general area at $200-250K?
Thank you!
The boundaries for the elementary could be changing for the Farms. They currently go to Boger but after the relief school is built and opened they could go back to Odell Elementary.

Does Lennar still not allow you to change anything? I know at one point in 2009 my BIL looked at a neighborhood and I'm pretty sure it was Fullerton Place. They did not allow any design changes at that time.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:08 AM

I don't think Lennar or DR Horton allow for any changes, unfortunately.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:27 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,816,782 times
I would drive in the neighborhoods after school, early evening. Also which neighborhood is more built? Shopping? Lastly, compare amenities and HOA fees if they are important.

Good luck on your choice!

Old 10-16-2014, 01:24 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,959,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
I would drive in the neighborhoods after school, early evening. Also which neighborhood is more built? Shopping? Lastly, compare amenities and HOA fees if they are important.

Good luck on your choice!
The Farms is more built out as it's older. I believe Waterford's original builder went bankrupt and Lennar has taken over. Waterford didn't have a pool the last time I drove through but it's been awhile. The Farms is loaded with kids and has a really nice pool.

Old 08-03-2015, 06:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,293 times
Default Interested in Fullerton place

Hello,

I came across this forum and was wondering if any of you have worked with Lennar and if so how was your experience ? I've read such bad reviews on their quality and am second guessing my interest in their Fullerton place community in Huntersville. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Old 08-04-2015, 05:49 AM

TheDex, I originally started this thread and we did end up purchasing an inventory home in Fullerton Place.

-We ended up going here mainly because it was the area we want to be in. The surrounding neighborhoods that get Cabarrus county schools are significantly higher priced if you want a new construction home. (D.R. Horton's Villages at Skybrook North, M.I. Homes' Brookvue, and Mattamy Homes Parkside at Skybrook North- actually I think this one is Mecklenburg schools)

-The neighborhood is very nice so far- friendly neighbors, very quiet (except for the construction of course!)

-The pool is fine, they are currently working on the walking trails. We are not particularly thrilled about the walking trails- they just mulched through the woods. We would have preferred some kind of pavement to allow for strollers. We also sometimes wonder if we should have gone with a neighborhood with better amenities besides just a pool. But the HOA here is $250 every 6 months already, so paying even more doesn't sound good to us.

-Quality-wise- our home is now 9 months old. I would say that it's not the worst quality, not the best quality. Firmly average quality. Not one big issue so far (as it should be!). Neighbors I have talked to all agree that the hardwood floors they use are cheap and scratch pretty easily (both standard and upgraded floors). I have noticed our bathroom cabinets have the color wearing off on frequently touched edges. There are nail pops, but those are expected, and supposed to be fixed at our one year home evaluation. That's it though.

So, no raving at all about the quality, but no huge complaints either. I feel like we chose the lower-end neighborhood for current new construction homes and it is what we expected for the money. I like that with Lennar, the model home is very what-you-see-is-what-you-get. If I am remembering correctly, the only upgrade in the model home is the speakers throughout the house. The comparable neighborhoods all have tens of thousands in upgrades. Which is fine, if that works for the buyer of course! The other neighborhoods definitely seem higher quality, but the pricing there did not work for our budget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte