Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2014, 10:47 AM

69 posts, read 107,624 times

Advertisements

We are building a home and I would like to get some help with some decorating and design/furniture ideas but am on a very limited budget. I am looking for someone to give me a consult and perhaps share where to purchase but not actually execute since I cannot afford all that entails. I of course expect to pay for the consult(s).

Would appreciate some recommendations.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 05:18 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,497,029 times
Google interior design schools in Charlotte. See if they can refer a new graduate. Most new graduates are looking to build clientele.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:46 AM

714 posts, read 2,305,563 times
I used Jaclyn Ehrlich for our family room. She came to the house, checked out what was currently here, and helped me pull some ideas together.

She was respectful of my budget, and provided me with a spreadsheet of ideas that helped drive some of my purchases. I was able to find some lower cost versions of some of the items she recommended. (See this Pinterest board, the stuff noted as 'high' was her version, the 'low' were the lower cost versions I purchased. Other items in my family room are also randomly added there. Family Room on Pinterest | 19 Pins)

Her experience was key in helping me choose colors, textures and styles. She did coordinate purchasing my furniture, but I asked her to.

One thing I did not expect was to be able to go 'all out' and do what I had dreamed of for the fireplace. We had a horrible stacked stone fireplace/mantel setup, and I envisioned something going all the way to the ceiling. When she asked me what I wanted for the room, I said "Do you want what I think I can do or what I dream of doing?"

She asked me to tell her my 'big vision' and I did, and it turned out to not be NEARLY as expensive as I thought it would be to make happen!

Old 11-12-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Google interior design schools in Charlotte. See if they can refer a new graduate. Most new graduates are looking to build clientele.
What a wonderful idea! Thank you!!

Old 11-12-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
I used Jaclyn Ehrlich for our family room. She came to the house, checked out what was currently here, and helped me pull some ideas together.

She was respectful of my budget, and provided me with a spreadsheet of ideas that helped drive some of my purchases. I was able to find some lower cost versions of some of the items she recommended. (See this Pinterest board, the stuff noted as 'high' was her version, the 'low' were the lower cost versions I purchased. Other items in my family room are also randomly added there. Family Room on Pinterest | 19 Pins)

Her experience was key in helping me choose colors, textures and styles. She did coordinate purchasing my furniture, but I asked her to.

One thing I did not expect was to be able to go 'all out' and do what I had dreamed of for the fireplace. We had a horrible stacked stone fireplace/mantel setup, and I envisioned something going all the way to the ceiling. When she asked me what I wanted for the room, I said "Do you want what I think I can do or what I dream of doing?"

She asked me to tell her my 'big vision' and I did, and it turned out to not be NEARLY as expensive as I thought it would be to make happen!

Thank you for sharing!! I will make a note of her name as I get closer. She sounds like a gem!

Old 06-11-2017, 08:23 AM

58 posts, read 134,289 times
Looking for and update to this thread.

Any recommendations for reasonable decorating help? My wife and I are really bad at this and need help picking colors and appropriate furniture.

Located in South Charlotte / Marvin area.

Old 06-11-2017, 11:16 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,065,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234tech View Post
Looking for and update to this thread.

Any recommendations for reasonable decorating help? My wife and I are really bad at this and need help picking colors and appropriate furniture.

Located in South Charlotte / Marvin area.
Try The Redesign Company. They have been voted "Charlotte's Favorite" a number of times. Their philosophy is to work with what you have, adding only as necessary to get the look you want.

This is their website:

the redesign company - the redesign company | love coming home

If you click on "blog", you can see examples of their before and afters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte