Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2014, 05:34 PM
cpw cpw started this thread

85 posts, read 161,904 times

Advertisements

Considering a stay at the Grove Park Inn for our 10 year anniversary next month. Please share any tips, helpful information, etc.

Is there a hotel we should consider other than Grove Park?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 05:45 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,815,129 times
I would ask over here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/western-north-carolina/

It's the forum for Asheville.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:23 PM

314 posts, read 675,776 times
Definitely stay there! We had dinner there last month and checked out one of the rooms (I asked for a room that had been most recently renovated) and they are a nice size and clean (i'm very picky!)...of course see if you can get a higher up room with a view.

Also, if you sign up for the complimentary Omni membership (under loyalty, join now) and then start to book a room but don't finish...a few hours later you'll get an email offering up to 30% off

Have a Happy Anniversary!

Old 10-30-2014, 06:35 PM

810 posts, read 2,291,954 times
Love, Love The Grove Park Inn. We've stayed there for a long Easter weekend. Our room turned out to be The Pink Ladies Room. We had no idea until my husband opened a magazine on the desk in the room. The staff made it fun for the kids. They were a little frightened, but it made the stay more memorable. I would stay at Grove Park again.
We've also stayed at The Inn at Biltmore Estate on another long Easter weekend. While it is beautiful, we much preferred Grove Park.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:42 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,390,912 times
Stayed at Grove Park Inn about 9 years ago and had a great time. Neat fireplace and the view is spectacular. I understand Omni has done a lot of upgrades since. I had plans for couple nights next weekend to play in a tennis tournament but had to cancel. I was to use my timeshare for stay. DM if you want a 50% off room as I can transfer Grove Park stay, needs to use by 12/31.

Old 11-01-2014, 02:31 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,767,401 times
Have been twice. Once before Omni took over and the second time about 2 months ago (now Omni).

Spa is the best thing. If you can make it M-Thurs the spa costs are significantly less. Any spa treatment allows you access to the full spa for the entire day. This is worth it in itself. It's very relaxing and the mineral pools with underwater music are awesome. If you're feeling crazy jump in the cold tube. I know the mens side has it, not sure about the women's. You can order lunch down there(it's built into the mountain below the resort) or leave and come back later. It's not cheap, nothing is cheap there.

The Inn- The views are outstanding, you could spend the entire day just looking around at the history and different stores, etc.. Grove Park is massive inside, you really don't understand how large it is until you walk around.

Our latest stay was somewhat disappointing. They switched our room to an "upgraded room" which was basically a conference room suite they converted to a "room". It was not what we paid for. After I asked to be placed back in the room we chose when booking I was told "enjoy your upgraded room, you're only here one night". Great, thanks...Fortunately we really weren't in the room much so it wasn't a big deal.

Food-there are several restaurants now. The new one (forget the name) takes up a huge amount of space and has a killer indoor/outdoor rustic open area with fireplaces, etc.. All of the food everywhere at Grove Park is very expensive, but it is very good. It has to be good seeing that you are in Asheville.

Breakfast Buffet-This was in the Blue Ridge room and was outstanding. I added it to our room during booking and what a surprise! There were several entire rooms full of food. Anything you can think of was available and everything we ate was very fresh. Even the bloody mary bar had like 5 or 6 different types of handmade mixers.

We will go back but will probably either stay somewhere else or eat somewhere else. They make it hard not to leave but it adds up quickly especially with a spa package for two added in. As I mentioned above if you can make it during the week you will save a lot of money on the spa alone. You can see the price differences on their website under the spa pricing brochure.

Old 11-03-2014, 02:31 PM

128 posts, read 242,234 times
Some of the ground floor rooms are inexpensive, but you don't get any good view. So, your room view can really vary by price. The outdoor cafe does have awesome views for the am and mid day.

There is also an inn on the grounds of the Biltmore Estate that is supposed to be really nice as well. The Biltmore has the option of some planned outdoor activites mountain biking, horse riding, canoeing or Kayaking on the river.

Old 11-03-2014, 02:39 PM

564 posts, read 1,453,848 times
The Spa rocks. My wife and I hit it frequently. There is nothing more relaxing then a day underground there. No cell phones just pure relaxation. We really like it in December when they have the Ginger Bread house competion. We feel it is worth every penny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte