Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 08:22 PM

8 posts, read 23,107 times

Advertisements

to hear all of you Californians saying you are happy in Charlotte! I am originally from east coast (PA) but moved to CA 5 years ago and lived in LA and now SF. My husband (west coast guy) is nervous about leaving SF and coming to Charlotte. I think we all look at the cost of living, even in a down market, and realized its impossible to stay in CA unless you are making lots of $$ (to live in anything over 1000 sq feet in a good neighborhood). I look forward to meeting new friends in a couple months from CA - we hope to be in Lake Wylie area. We hear its nice; haven't been there yet, but very excited to visit soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 09:42 PM

5 posts, read 22,055 times
Honestly I would say, do not move to NC. My family and I moved here about 2 years ago and we`re still struggling. We are from Puerto Rico, but lived in Florida for 6 years, and we were shocked at the remarks and comments people will make when they hear accents. There also seems to be an issue with people who are from the North or something. It`s quite ridiculous. It seems like people are curious, but they can`t seem to ask in nice ways. My mother has been offended several times by people`s remarks about her accent. If it was up to me I would move back to a big city where divercity was normal and where people from other countries are accepted. Ofcourse, not everyone is this way, but a great number are. You might also want to check job avaliability. NC`s economy is not a thriving one and good jobs are hard to find. Just some food thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte