Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2014, 06:27 AM

444 posts, read 582,439 times

Advertisements

If you are considering moving to Charlotte search City-Data first. Many questions have already been answered:

Go to Google --> Search --> Moving to Charlotte From "enter text" --> choose enter

If you do not receive the information required you are welcome to start a new thread. Please keep in mind general questions like "what is charlotte like" are difficult for people to answer. Some things to think about before posting a thread would be your top 5 to 10 most important needs, for example:

1. What type of jobs/industry are you looking
2. Food. What type of food do you like and where are you located
3. If you are single what are the best places to meet people
4. Questions about places to live? Tell us where your job is located.

Other questions already answered:
5. What is the best cable provided. Well where do you live?
6. Is the area full of singles or couples (both in a certain age range)
7. Is UNCC a good college? (already answered)
8. Do northerners who live here like it? (already answered)
9. What are the best schools? Where do you live? (mostly answered already as well)

Seriously, what are you looking for in life? Charlotte is NOT for everyone. But we will all be able to answer our questions better if you research first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 03:55 PM

847 posts, read 1,352,195 times
I for one would much rather start my own discussion rather than read through someone elses.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:50 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,827,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wevie View Post
I for one would much rather start my own discussion rather than read through someone elses.
Eh, I somewhat disagree. It's tiring to see the same exact question over and over. Cable in Charlotte? Best Commute to uptown? Etc.

I think it's best to read through the threads that are similar to your question and THEN ask any remaining unanswered question you still have.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:24 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,599,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
Eh, I somewhat disagree. It's tiring to see the same exact question over and over. Cable in Charlotte? Best Commute to uptown? Etc.

I think it's best to read through the threads that are similar to your question and THEN ask any remaining unanswered question you still have.
I agree read what others have asked. If you need more information about a nieghborhood, schools, vibe/feel, or need help deciding between 2 or 3 areas/suburbs, okay new topic. But coming and asking...Thinking of moving to Charlotte what is the best area to live, gets nowhere. We need budget, kids/no kids, where you are working, preference on commuiting, preference of urban/suburban living, and other factors for us to make an educated response.

Old 11-10-2014, 03:28 PM

140 posts, read 170,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post

Agreed. Also, take into account the date of the thread. Within a few months, everything remains mostly the same, and seasonal things tend to be very similar (thinking about Thanksgiving suggestions, Christmas Activities, etc)

Old 11-10-2014, 04:45 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,702,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavySeal77 View Post
If you are considering moving to Charlotte search City-Data first. Many questions have already been answered:

Go to Google --> Search --> Moving to Charlotte From "enter text" --> choose enter

If you do not receive the information required you are welcome to start a new thread. Please keep in mind general questions like "what is charlotte like" are difficult for people to answer. Some things to think about before posting a thread would be your top 5 to 10 most important needs, for example:

1. What type of jobs/industry are you looking
2. Food. What type of food do you like and where are you located
3. If you are single what are the best places to meet people
4. Questions about places to live? Tell us where your job is located.

Other questions already answered:
5. What is the best cable provided. Well where do you live?
6. Is the area full of singles or couples (both in a certain age range)
7. Is UNCC a good college? (already answered)
8. Do northerners who live here like it? (already answered)
9. What are the best schools? Where do you live? (mostly answered already as well)

Seriously, what are you looking for in life? Charlotte is NOT for everyone. But we will all be able to answer our questions better if you research first.
Why do you assume that all transplants are from the north?

Old 11-17-2014, 12:17 PM

4 posts, read 4,966 times
Well in all fairness there are a ton of threads for Transplants or people thinking about it from "the north."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte