Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 10:38 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,346,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
...I wish there were some kind of graphic to symbolize "I like being from the South" other than the Confederate Flag; I suspect you'd see a lot of them around, but unfortunately the Stars and Bars is the closest thing there is, so most "proud to be Southern" people don't of course display one, and the ones who do tend to be (it seems) more of the extreme variety with feelings a little more unhealthy than just "regional pride".
The upstairs gift shop at Nofo has stickers in the shape of our great state with "Home" or "State of Mind" printed. Pretty cool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 10:10 AM

660 posts, read 1,007,155 times
Default The Triangle!

This New Yorker has chosen the Triangle -- it's more affordable and closer to the beach/ocean. :-) Headed there in April of 2015! I think there are plenty of New Yorkers in BOTH areas though; maybe too many according to some folks in NC!

Old 12-05-2014, 10:25 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,518,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor46 View Post
This New Yorker has chosen the Triangle -- it's more affordable and closer to the beach/ocean. :-) Headed there in April of 2015! I think there are plenty of New Yorkers in BOTH areas though; maybe too many according to some folks in NC!
What part of the Triangle did you choose? Also not too many yet

Old 04-08-2015, 03:00 PM

362 posts, read 498,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadiseUSA View Post
I am moving out of New York City to buy a home in either Raleigh or Charlotte.
I would like to know where most New Yorkers move to and relate better to, Raleigh or Charlotte?
How are the people different in Raleigh and Charlotte?
Random thought...I find it real interesting that the OP hasn't returned since posting this up. Looks like another troll...

Old 04-14-2015, 08:17 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,839,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kxr203 View Post
Random thought...I find it real interesting that the OP hasn't returned since posting this up. Looks like another troll...

It's a good possibility. We're a generous bunch and by extension we feed trolls once in a while.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:47 AM

343 posts, read 601,285 times
I've lived in both places (Raleigh for 10 years, Charlotte for 9 years)

I would pick Charlotte over Raleigh, although both would provide wonderful QOL.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:18 AM

306 posts, read 518,108 times
I am from NYC and I have been to both Charlotte and Raleigh.

I don't see how anyone can say Raleigh feels 'Northern' or could resemble NYC in the slightest, unless they mean upstate NY.

Charlotte doesn't resemble NYC either, but definitely has a more 'upscale' city atmosphere (minus the shopping that you would be accustomed to in NYC) that would be something someone from NYC may prefer. It doesn't hurt that a lot of big companies also have headquarters in Charlotte and Charlotte is continuously growing.

It also seems like everyone in Charlotte nowadays is a transplant from NY or NJ or wherever.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:36 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,441,554 times
I have friends from New York. Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Massachusetts, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Minnesota and the list goes on and on. We have Steeler Bars, Bills Bars. You can people from all over in Charlotte.

Old 04-18-2015, 07:21 AM

444 posts, read 582,439 times
new yorkers only relate to other new yorkers in NC. duh!

Old 01-01-2019, 03:28 PM

1 posts, read 787 times
I personally lived in NYC for over 15 years and never thought I would move or want to live somewhere else, I took a work assignment for 3 months in NC near Myrtle Beach and I loved it there, it was much slower paced and greener, It is also much more affordable then NYC, My wife and I have decided to make the move more permanent and look into D.R. Horton homes in that same area, If you are looking to have a new place the same as NYC, then just stay there, if you are up for something totally different then give NC a look.
Best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte