Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 03:13 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,394,601 times

Advertisements

I am wondering if you all can make recommendation on a bakery I can buy 4-5 dozen traditional cut out Christmas cookies with frosting that I won't have to cough up $4 per. It seems like the old family bakery has gone by the wayside..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2014, 03:22 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
I am wondering if you all can make recommendation on a bakery I can buy 4-5 dozen traditional cut out Christmas cookies with frosting that I won't have to cough up $4 per. It seems like the old family bakery has gone by the wayside..
I actually think Harris Teeter is your best bet. The one at Morrocroft has quite a nice bakery and they won't break the bank

Old 11-25-2014, 08:10 PM

747 posts, read 2,106,212 times
Any of the new Publix's have terrific bakeries, and will be happy to frost them for you

Old 11-26-2014, 10:40 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,827,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealialex View Post
Any of the new Publix's have terrific bakeries, and will be happy to frost them for you
They aren't inexpensive though as the OP wanted. I just bought 2 dozen this morning and OUCH. But whatever, it's for the holiday.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:47 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,599,615 times
Nova, See Jane Bake, Nona's Sweets, or Amelie's possibly

Old 12-01-2014, 11:32 AM

28 posts, read 41,266 times
This is what I'm talking about. Someone asks for a good local bakery and we reply with Harris Teeter and Publix? Really? Is a corporate giant slug the best we have? The ingredient list in their bakery items are too long to read. They are not local, don't do it. Try a very local place in Pineville called Two on Earth Bakery, Two On Earth Bakery Cafe They are awesome.. HT and Publix, come on. You can do better than that.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:36 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,827,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider112 View Post
This is what I'm talking about. Someone asks for a good local bakery and we reply with Harris Teeter and Publix? Really? Is a corporate giant slug the best we have? The ingredient list in their bakery items are too long to read. They are not local, don't do it. Try a very local place in Pineville called Two on Earth Bakery, Two On Earth Bakery Cafe They are awesome.. HT and Publix, come on. You can do better than that.
Wow they sell a dozen of cookies for less than $4? According to their menu posted, I doubt it.

Try reading the OP before being judgemental on the replies.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider112 View Post
Harris Teeter IS local.

It may have grown in to a "corporate giant" but it was started right here in NC (headquartered now in Matthews) and their bakeries do a damn fine job on cakes and cookies at an attractive price when compared to places like Amalie's or Suarez Bakery.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
Wow they sell a dozen of cookies for less than $4? According to their menu posted, I doubt it.

Try reading the OP before being judgemental on the replies.
THANK YOU

OP clearly said he is looking for something affordable.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:16 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,394,601 times
Thanks for the referrals. I checked most of the locations out with not much luck. For some reason I find most of bakery items at HT poor tasting, the Publix near Siskey Y does not make the particular item I am looking for. My wife has decided to bake the cookies herself, right priced and very good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte