Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 07:36 AM

7 posts, read 9,155 times

Advertisements

Good morning~
We are relocating to the Concord area for work and went this past weekend to house hunt. We have some time as we are not moving until June when school ends here. We only had two days and looked at various communities in the Concord area. We really would like a 3 car garage, basement and somekind of back yard for under $400K. We found a neighborhood called Hearthwood with Orleans homes that covered all 3 but wondered why there were still homesites in this neighborhood when they started building 7 years ago. Any one familiar with that neighborhood or home builder? We loved a home by Ryan homes but there is absolutely no yard whatsoever with a $400k price tag. Any neighborhoods we should stay away from or look at? We will be coming this weekend to look again. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 09:12 AM

11 posts, read 15,351 times
Hi Molly13. My husband and I relocated to the area as well and we really liked Orleans and their floor plans. We ended up with a different builder but I think Orleans is a great choice for the money. It's true, in these new neighborhoods you do not get much land. How much land are you looking for at a minimum? Also it seems a lot of neighborhoods stalled when the market crashed but things have picked right back up. That's probably why they still have homesites or maybe they have developed more land and added new phases?

There is a lot to consider when building and it's hard when you aren't familiar with the area. DO you have a buyers agent? That would be a good idea, to have someone who can take your criteria and help you find the right neighborhoods to look at. You also want someone representing you as the agent at the model represents the builder. I had a fantastic buyers agent and I'd be happy to give you her information if you want it in a DM.

Old 11-29-2014, 09:57 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,964,041 times
I've never heard of Hearthwood. Where is it in Concord? Check out Kellswater,Wellington Chase and Pelham Pointe. There's another one but I can't remember the name. It's down Shiloh Church Road. It's in Cabarrus County but I believe has a Davidson Address.

Old 11-29-2014, 10:32 AM

11 posts, read 15,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
I've never heard of Hearthwood. Where is it in Concord? Check out Kellswater,Wellington Chase and Pelham Pointe. There's another one but I can't remember the name. It's down Shiloh Church Road. It's in Cabarrus County but I believe has a Davidson Address.
Pelham Point has small lots though. The one down off of Shiloh Road is Waterford Hall which used to be Niblock Homes but is now Lennar. I looked there and they had some decent lots but you don't get much in options as far as design if that matters to you. Laurel Park in Concord is Niblock Homes. I think they are definitely worth looking at as they allow you to customize your home.

Old 11-29-2014, 04:54 PM

Thanks! Hearthwood is located off Rocky River Rd. We don't have a buyers agent yet because we can't contact anyone until his official relocation date which is in a week. The company sends us names but sometimes we can request one if they are relocation certified. We would like a lot around .4 or greater, really just some space between neighbors so we can't touch their house Schools are important to us and it looks like Carrabus has some nice ones. We appreciate the helpful information!

Old 11-29-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossLadee View Post
Pelham Point has small lots though. The one down off of Shiloh Road is Waterford Hall which used to be Niblock Homes but is now Lennar. I looked there and they had some decent lots but you don't get much in options as far as design if that matters to you. Laurel Park in Concord is Niblock Homes. I think they are definitely worth looking at as they allow you to customize your home.

I'd be careful about Laurel Park school wise. I've heard good and bad about the elementary that Laurel Park is assigned. I know a few families that went the charter route that are assigned Weddington Elementary.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:21 AM

21 posts, read 25,303 times
We live in Waterford Hall and I believe they should be opening new, larger lots that back up to the woods in less than a month. I would definitely check them out! It's in Cabarrus County but, address is Davidson.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:02 PM

Thanks, citygirl994. I just called Lennar and they said to call back mid January to see if they have any homesites that will hold a 3 car garage and a basement. He wasn't sure if they would or not. Do you like the neighborhood and schools there? The quality of homes? We will check it out this weekend.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:23 PM

21 posts, read 25,303 times
Yes, I really like it! My son is only (almost) 2 so we aren't in the schools yet but they have great ratings and they're currently building a new elementary school. Our lot is arond .35 and backs up to trees which we love. They recently added a pool and clubhouse to the neighborhood and it's very quiet and peaceful with all of the trees around. Plus, lots of families!

Old 12-02-2014, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citygirl994 View Post
Yes, I really like it! My son is only (almost) 2 so we aren't in the schools yet but they have great ratings and they're currently building a new elementary school. Our lot is arond .35 and backs up to trees which we love. They recently added a pool and clubhouse to the neighborhood and it's very quiet and peaceful with all of the trees around. Plus, lots of families!
Just as an FYI - The elementary school they are building will be 3-5th grades only as it's a relief school. K-2 will be at the existing Odell elementary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte