Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 05:17 PM

238 posts, read 1,247,388 times

Advertisements

We have been househunting mainly in York & Lancaster counties the last 6 months or so but I just came across Lawson, and I am interested! Is there still alot of building to be done? Which builder would you recommend? Are the lots small? We are trying to stay in under $400,000, is that possible in Lawson?
Does anyone know what the HOA fees are? I love that the developer has kept the trees (one of my pet peeves with new constuction)..the website makes the community look very pretty.
I know I asked a lot of questions ..house hunting from long distance is so difficult..TIA for your replies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 05:30 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,663,379 times
Here are one of the many threads that discuss Lawson: https://www.city-data.com/forum/charl...ve-lawson.html

Old 01-03-2008, 05:45 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,166,732 times
I think Lawson is one of the more striking new communities because of the trees there. I think the amenities will also be great. I think you could get in under $400K for Ryland new construction. If you don't mind an inventory home, Shea has one at $399K.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:54 PM

238 posts, read 1,247,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Here are one of the many threads that discuss Lawson: https://www.city-data.com/forum/charl...ve-lawson.html
Thank you...I did go back & read the threads but was hoping to get an update on the community...how many homes will be built when it's completed and are there still lots available?

Old 01-08-2008, 08:03 AM

12 posts, read 34,990 times
Default The Best Community South of Charlotte

Lawson is by far the best developement in Waxhaw. We bought a St. Lawrence home in July of 2007 and we still feel like we are on vacation.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:47 PM

252 posts, read 879,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR57 View Post
We have been househunting mainly in York & Lancaster counties the last 6 months or so but I just came across Lawson, and I am interested! Is there still alot of building to be done? Which builder would you recommend? Are the lots small? We are trying to stay in under $400,000, is that possible in Lawson?
Does anyone know what the HOA fees are? I love that the developer has kept the trees (one of my pet peeves with new constuction)..the website makes the community look very pretty.
I know I asked a lot of questions ..house hunting from long distance is so difficult..TIA for your replies!
Which builder -depends on what you want and your budget. Do you want a custom home or a production home.
You can just sneak in at 400, may be able to get a deal on a spec.
Lot are various sizes, what do you consider small. HOA fees are only an estimate until the community is finished then they are determined bby the amouont of upkeep and projects they want to do. Find a good Realtor to make your search easier

Old 01-13-2008, 08:44 PM

889 posts, read 3,116,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shancpan View Post
Lawson is by far the best developement in Waxhaw. We bought a St. Lawrence home in July of 2007 and we still feel like we are on vacation.
Which model did you buy and are you in it yet??

Old 01-13-2008, 10:08 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
a friend of mine is looking to buy in Millbridge now that community is going to be awesome...especially what the community is going to offer...its like lawson however the clubhouse is 9000 sq ft with a Social Director for planned activites every day of the week, it is like an adult community that u dont have to be 55 and over in...Lawson is beautiful as well, and St Lawerence builds a nice home been in many of them recently...

Old 01-30-2008, 11:53 AM

5 posts, read 13,997 times
We moved to Lawson in August 2007 from Fl. We searched high and low in Charlotte and decided to move south, Waxhaw area, Union County was the best because of the schools and little to no crime. Most of the crime is closer in to the edge of Charlotte. I absolutely love my house. It is an Orleans home. I have a large wooded lot with a creek behind it, that is just gorgeous. There are more lots and houses available on my street. Most with wooded lots. Streets have houses up on hills. The best thing we noticed when looking in here was the fact that the neighborhood looks like it was established because of the trees. My house is not too close to the one next to it, that depends on the builder. The amenities are finished and are beautiful, the clubhouse is like an upscale lodge, with stone fireplace, that is hidden in the back of the neighborhood, not facing a busy street. There is a soft bottom walk in pool with 2 slides and also a separate olympic size pool. A great playground and tennis courts. There are walking trails that meander through this historic development. The work out room is almost ready. We have planned activities. There is also another pool and amenities area planned (per Historic Lawson Website), in the future for the homes that will be built on the other side of Cuthbertson road.
Although the schools will be changing, that is OK because most of my kids friends live in this neighborhood. The new schools will be right down the road on Cuthbertson. The schools Kensington Elm./Marvin Ridge Middle/High School are fairly new and the teachers so far have been wonderful. Most of everyone in our neighborhood I've met is from somewhere else out of state which makes it easier for the kids to make friends.
My spouse works in Ballentyne and downtown and hasn't had any problem with traffic. With the exception with getting home in evening from downtown, ya just never know, Charlotte traffic can be crazy. But that's with anywhere ya live in Charlotte. You can take the back roads to Ballentyne and get there in 20 min and as long as you leave around 7am it will take 40 min to get downtown. Harris Teeter is open and less than a mile from us. There is also a Moe's, CVS, Massage Envy, Chinese Rest., Pappa Johns, 2 banks, etc. in this shopping center, more shops are planned but not built yet. There is Target that is almost finished in Wesley Chapel, that is 5 miles (seems like less), takes 10 min to get to. So you feel like you are living out there but there really are a lot of places around us to eat and shop.
Downtown Waxhaw is the neatest little historical area with shops and restaurants.
We just really love it here. Getting used to it being cold though. But my kids have only lived in Florida so they think the little snow we gotten 2 times so far is spectacular!

Old 01-30-2008, 01:24 PM

126 posts, read 412,045 times
Welcome neighbor, I live in in that area,

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-31-2008 at 07:10 AM.. Reason: edited to be within complance of the tos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte