Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 07:03 PM

3 posts, read 24,343 times

Advertisements

Hi, I plan on relocating to Charlotte in the next few months...I am a LPN licensed in the state of NY...I was just wondering about the availability of employment in this field is...Is it limited to Geriatrics in nursing homes, or do the local hospitals hire? Possibly a name or two...

Ans what is the pay like for a LPN in NC?

Also, if anyone knows the procedure to applying for a NC license for my LPN...

Any and all input is appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 06:58 AM

.....okay.....

Old 01-05-2008, 02:27 PM

379 posts, read 644,762 times
Hmmm, no one else is responding. I will give you what I know, which is very little. Nurses are in HIGH demand here. I am an RN and have seen numerous LPNs working in the hospitals but I am really not sure of the requirements. I also don't know the pay. I haven't worked in about 5 years but starting for brand new RNs at that time was around $18 plus shift. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Doctors offices definately hire LPNs here.

Oh yeah, hospitals. Carolinas Medical Center Carolinas Medical Center , Presbyterian Healthcare Health Information on Gastric Bypass, Women's Health, Heart Disease and more , both have numerous satellites.

Last edited by Burgi; 01-05-2008 at 02:39 PM.. Reason: more info

Old 01-06-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgi View Post
Hmmm, no one else is responding. I will give you what I know, which is very little. Nurses are in HIGH demand here. I am an RN and have seen numerous LPNs working in the hospitals but I am really not sure of the requirements. I also don't know the pay. I haven't worked in about 5 years but starting for brand new RNs at that time was around $18 plus shift. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Doctors offices definately hire LPNs here.

Oh yeah, hospitals. Carolinas Medical Center Carolinas Medical Center , Presbyterian Healthcare Health Information on Gastric Bypass, Women's Health, Heart Disease and more , both have numerous satellites.
Thanx a lot!

Old 01-06-2008, 08:37 PM

170 posts, read 644,052 times
I too am a R.N. I wish I could give you some accurate info. on LPN work, but I truly just don't know???

I live in the Lake Norman area--the hospitals are Lake Norman Regional Medical Center, and Presbyterian Hospital in Huntersville...

Good luck with your relocation!

Old 07-21-2009, 07:34 PM

2 posts, read 12,280 times
I attend a community college now, and my instructor told us that they are phasing out LPN jobs, adn using Certified Medical Assisstants instead. Try applying for those jobs. I think the pay is around $12-13 per hour in Charlotte for a new graduate, you can probably get more.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:52 PM

7,074 posts, read 12,341,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldixon26 View Post
I attend a community college now, and my instructor told us that they are phasing out LPN jobs, adn using Certified Medical Assisstants instead. Try applying for those jobs. I think the pay is around $12-13 per hour in Charlotte for a new graduate, you can probably get more.
First of all, this is an old thread so I doubt the OP is still looking for help.

With that said, your instructor (though he/she probably meant well) is a BSN (4 year degree RN) with absolutely NO CLUE what LPN jobs are out there because he/she never had to look for one.

Most LPNs in Charlotte don't even bother going to the hospitals because they know the pay is quite low for them. LPNs are mostly found in nursing homes and drug rehab clinics (methadone clinics). The pay in area nursing homes for an LPN is $15 to $22 per hour. Methadone clinic LPNs earn $18 to $21 per hour. This is all based on experience. Some LPNs in Charlotte are actually making more than some RNs at the hospital. These are the things your instructor at CPCC either doesn't know (or do not wish to tell you).

If you have any further questions about LPN jobs in the Charlotte area, feel free to PM me and I will be happy to share some of my knowledge.

If I don't have the answers myself, my wife (Blondie08) will. She is an LPN.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:08 PM

1 posts, read 7,207 times
Default please help with lpn jobs

i am lookin to relocate to charolte nc i am lookin to work in nursing homes before a hospital i was also lookin to move to mecklenburg do you know if any nursing home jobs are there,if so can you let me know so maybe i can contact them or know where to go when i visit. please it would be so helpful!! thanks so much, iam also a lpn with a virginia lic

Old 12-26-2010, 04:54 PM

4 posts, read 11,792 times
hi, i will be an LPN by feb 2011 here in raleigh, i wish to relocate to charlotte area( waxhaw, indian trail, mathews). i would like to know if there are more nursing jobs in the charlotte area than the raleigh area. please any info would be most appreciated.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:22 AM

595 posts, read 1,622,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amen View Post
hi, i will be an LPN by feb 2011 here in raleigh, i wish to relocate to charlotte area( waxhaw, indian trail, mathews). i would like to know if there are more nursing jobs in the charlotte area than the raleigh area. please any info would be most appreciated.
There are very few LPN nursing jobs in Charlotte. I would suggest you stay in Raleigh.

If you have any more questions, start a new thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte