Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 06:15 AM

3 posts, read 3,009 times

Advertisements

Hi, my family recently moved to Mooresville. At this time, we are renting apt., but our lease ends in October , so we want to buy a house. We now looking for good area , also we are not sure what school is better Irredale county schools or Mooresville Grader School. We likes couple houses in linwood farms subdivision, but we are not sure yet. Our price range 170 000 to 250 000. But we don't want a townhouse. My husband want to have single family house with a backyard . Also , the house should be located in community which allow to make small garden on the backyard. So, please command something to us. We also have two girls 7 years and 3 months .

One more, could anyone give me some reviews about Monarch bank mortgage , can I trust this bank, does it really has so good programs as they are saying.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 06:58 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,486,830 times
Both school systems are very well respected and grade well on the NC public school scale. You'd do fine in either one. An important thing to note that in Mooresville Graded School District (MGSD) you'll be paying hefty taxes for those schools which definitely will impact the amount of house you can get. So factor that into your buying decision so you're not stressed financially right out of the gate.

Never heard of Monarch Bank so can't help there.

Good luck!

Old 05-04-2015, 07:23 PM

193 posts, read 499,159 times
Both school systems are great, but if you can avoid the Mooresville City Tax, it is a big savings. Have you been to tour any of the schools to help narrow down your choice? Some of the neighborhoods may be within city limits, but school district is Iredell County (ISS) which takes off a portion of the school tax and reduces the amount, but you still get city water and sewer. I haven't worked with Monarch Bank, sorry; but if you need me to recommend a good mortgage broker, I can message you. I'll take a look for the neighborhoods that meet your criteria.

Old 05-05-2015, 01:42 PM

847 posts, read 1,355,942 times
Mooresville Graded Schools are far superior than Iredell County but the property taxes will be more than double. You get what you pay for.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:26 PM

I would highly suggest that you look into the exact school before grouping the entire county. NC report cards will give you some very accurate information for individual schools. Additionally, I would be happy to provide you with some actual data.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:13 AM

2,348 posts, read 3,486,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wevie View Post
Mooresville Graded Schools are far superior than Iredell County but the property taxes will be more than double. You get what you pay for.
Are you basing that on the number of visits by Obama? Certainly are not far superior based on actual test results.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:33 AM

One neighborhood to suggest is Wyndham Shores in Mooresville. Also another item concerning school research, ISS elementary Schools are K-5 (there may be one or two that incorporate 6) and MSGD elementary is K-3. NC school report cards and other sites that evaluate schools based mostly on EOG scores. EOG's only begin in 3rd grade, so you can see that this could have a major effect on the testing averages. It really is best to take a personal tour of the individual schools and break out each school by grade level to evaluate. I am actively involved in our ISS schools, so if you have specific questions about some in the Mooresville area, I will do my best to get you an answer!

Old 05-07-2015, 11:01 AM

11 posts, read 15,397 times
I used Monarch and I'd highly recommend them to anyone.

Old 05-07-2015, 04:58 PM

29 posts, read 75,908 times
We just moved to Mooresville six months ago and we're in a similar situation. From what I've found, the homes east off I-77 are more affordable with larger yards. The homes closer to the lake are newer neighborhoods with higher income families. My three kids are attending Mooresville schools and they have good programs. All kids have laptops they bring home and use for homework and their grades are accessible online so it's easier to make sure they are staying on task. The Mooresville schools do seem to have more diversity if that makes a difference to you. It doesn't for me.

Old 05-17-2015, 09:23 PM

3 posts, read 3,009 times
Thank you for all answers, they helped a lot. Currently, my daughter in LNE school, but they have horrible schedule. The school starts at 7-30 am, that is too early even for me. My daughter needs to wake up at 6-30am, so she goes to bed at 7-30,but because of daylights it is hard to fall in sleep, so she tired on the morning. Because of that schedule I would rather send her to MGS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte