Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 11:30 AM

28 posts, read 35,718 times

Advertisements

We have a chance to check out a house in each of these subdivisions. When I searched the forums, I did find a couple of posts on the subject and some talk wondering if this was an area with a Charlotte address which is actually Mint Hill.

I know most of the posts here about Mint Hill talk about it as an area which has gone downhill and is not very safe. Is this also true of this section of Charlotte ?

Thanks for any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 10:05 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,335,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilt96 View Post
We have a chance to check out a house in each of these subdivisions. When I searched the forums, I did find a couple of posts on the subject and some talk wondering if this was an area with a Charlotte address which is actually Mint Hill.

I know most of the posts here about Mint Hill talk about it as an area which has gone downhill and is not very safe. Is this also true of this section of Charlotte ?

Thanks for any info.
Most of the posts about Mint Hill say it has gone downhill and are not safe??? I don't remember those posts, other than 2 specific posters, one that complains about property values (which I've noticed in the neighborhood he complained about have seemed to be steadily increasing recently) and one that complains about being able to see garage doors from the street and the fact that Mint Hill didn't replicate a historic New England downtown.

For the most part, Mint Hill is safe. If anything, some just have concerns about the parts of Mint Hill that border Charlotte, such as the area you mention, but even that is probably a bit exaggerated.

If it was "actually in Mint Hill" it would have a Mint Hill address. It looks like that neighborhood is in Charlotte, but just borders Mint Hill (and is assigned to the same schools as some in Mint Hill). The only difference is if it is within Charlotte city limits taxes will be a bit higher than town of Mint Hill. One negative to that immediate area is that the former Bi-Lo site is currently vacant, so never a good thing to have empty storefronts.

For the price range the available homes in those neighborhoods (actually looks pretty much like one neigborhood to me) are in ($125K for a SFH), the Mint Hill area is probably one of the better areas IMO.

Old 01-23-2016, 08:48 AM

28 posts, read 35,718 times
Thanks, goPhils. When there are just a few comments about an area, it's hard to know if you are at one end of the bell curve or the other, or if the perception is generally true, so that's why I asked.

Appreciate your input.

Old 01-23-2016, 09:07 AM

207 posts, read 354,361 times
It is always important to remember that an address, that is, a postal address or street number, does not represent the municipality or taxing authority for a property. Some Matthews, NC addresses are actually in Union County for example. The address most commonly refers to the post office serving the property and is for federal purposes which are unaligned with any local designations or purposes.

Old 01-23-2016, 11:48 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,335,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc48 View Post
It is always important to remember that an address, that is, a postal address or street number, does not represent the municipality or taxing authority for a property. Some Matthews, NC addresses are actually in Union County for example. The address most commonly refers to the post office serving the property and is for federal purposes which are unaligned with any local designations or purposes.
Yeah but like you said that's more for areas that don't have a post office. I think there are only a few areas like that...Stallings being the most common one. I know there is an area near Denver in Lincoln county with a Stanley even though Stanley is in Gaston County.

OP asked about Mint Hill. As far as I know, if a house is Mint Hill, it will have a Mint Hill address.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte