Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2016, 08:27 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,034,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
About the only things worse than people with an agenda ripping Cam Newton are those with an agenda making excuses.

Neither approach is very transparent.

Transparency is for losers.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:35 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,750,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
There is a guy on the Raleigh board who apparently wants Cam cut in favor of Johnny Manziel or Tim Tebow.
Or Big Ben even though he raped a woman

Old 02-08-2016, 08:43 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,584,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
Or Big Ben even though he raped a woman
yeah but he won 2 superbowls. so it's ok

Old 02-08-2016, 11:08 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,722,877 times
Nope! They were a very good team, though.

Old 02-09-2016, 06:09 AM

2,348 posts, read 3,463,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southeast Hillbilly View Post
That's a fair point, they were ready to run Rivera off after a 3-7 start last year....Pro Football is still pretty new in the Carolinas, hopefully the fan base learns the nuances of the game. After yesterday I think they realize that it takes more to being a SB winning QB then cool dab moves . I hope Cam listens to B Romo and toughens up a bit
And maybe, just maybe, fans of other teams will not be petulant little kids and troll other message boards and try to be condescending? And just maybe, those same petulant little kids won't have to make multiple screen names (Keep It Simple) to just troll people. Don't think that just because the Panthers have only been around since '95 that the fans "need to learn the nuances of the game". LOL

Oh, btw, you're welcome for ending Romo's season again.

Old 02-09-2016, 06:19 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,339,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
You can style it any way you want.
Yes, they lost to a better team & probably laid an egg in their performance but Cam Newton also laid an egg on the field & afterwards in the media room.
A lot of folks who tuned in to see him out of curiosity now have their minds made up. It's difficult to undo a bad first impression.
I think most of the people bashing Cam now already didn't like him from a previous "first impression," and were just looking for something else to complain about.

Old 02-09-2016, 06:55 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,276,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
You can style it any way you want.
Yes, they lost to a better team & probably laid an egg in their performance but Cam Newton also laid an egg on the field & afterwards in the media room.
A lot of folks who tuned in to see him out of curiosity now have their minds made up. It's difficult to undo a bad first impression.
No, they did not lose to a better team, a good team but definitely not better. It took a perfect storm of events (turnovers, questionable calls, balls bouncing in their favor, special team errors and deer in head light coaching staff) for the Broncos to win, good for them. It was a trip watching the game because all the Bronco fans and anti-Cam wing nuts knew if not for a calamity of errors from the Panthers, the Broncos offense could prob manage maybe to put up 9 pts. Peyton and Co. got 20 pts against NE but the Panthers D is markedly better than NE. Whereas the Panthers easily left 10+ additional pts out there with bad schemes/play calling etc.

Anyone who has followed the past few years knows the Panthers modis operandi and strategy to win games: low-risk pass plays and get rid of ball to avoid sacks, punt and rely on D until the other team makes a miscue. Cam improved and the offense had better success but still had moments of inconsistency and lacked marquee player name production at wide receiver. In a sense, they got a bit caught up in the O hype and not true to their strategy...in all fairness, the O did look damn good at times but a fair amount of that success was created by an opportunistic D.

I wasn't worried about Cam taking sacks, ok cool they (Broncos) have a good D, but knew if he threw INTs (which he primarily avoided) or got sacked/fumbled the ball (or other TOs) was the only way the Broncos had a chance. Those two sacks/fumbles were the problems in my opinion, easier said than done but take the sack or throw the ball away. Other than a few high balls due to early game anxiety, plus several dropped balls, I thought Cam played an ok game under constant duress. If he doesn't fumble those balls (kudos to Von Miller), the entire game takes on a different feel...not saying the Panthers would have won, but Vegas and everybody else liked their chances.

Last edited by Big Aristotle; 02-09-2016 at 07:06 AM..

Old 02-09-2016, 07:09 AM

1,985 posts, read 2,067,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gophils View Post
i think most of the people bashing cam now already didn't like him from a previous "first impression," and were just looking for something else to complain about.
bingo!

Old 02-09-2016, 08:14 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Ok, this link is helping me relate to Cam a little more now...

Why you
Well.... why use facts when the media knows Cam has a lot of haters who will eat up their hot takes? instead of showing Cam congratulate Peyton on the field or answer 10 to 15 questions you have a bunch of former players and analyst trying to get their shine by ripping Cam a new one.

It's entertaining and it's part of what Cam signed up for... so he knows the deal.

He will be fine but even if Cam dove in the ball, answered every question with the glee of Russell Wilson after a loss they would still find one frown and play it over again and again to get that story.

Sports is like politics now where every move is up for debate on 24hr news cycles. Everyone acts like it's the end of the world and then a week from now, it's on to the draft and it starts all over again.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:18 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
No, they did not lose to a better team, a good team but definitely not better. It took a perfect storm of events (turnovers, questionable calls, balls bouncing in their favor, special team errors and deer in head light coaching staff) for the Broncos to win, good for them. It was a trip watching the game because all the Bronco fans and anti-Cam wing nuts knew if not for a calamity of errors from the Panthers, the Broncos offense could prob manage maybe to put up 9 pts. Peyton and Co. got 20 pts against NE but the Panthers D is markedly better than NE. Whereas the Panthers easily left 10+ additional pts out there with bad schemes/play calling etc.

Anyone who has followed the past few years knows the Panthers modis operandi and strategy to win games: low-risk pass plays and get rid of ball to avoid sacks, punt and rely on D until the other team makes a miscue. Cam improved and the offense had better success but still had moments of inconsistency and lacked marquee player name production at wide receiver. In a sense, they got a bit caught up in the O hype and not true to their strategy...in all fairness, the O did look damn good at times but a fair amount of that success was created by an opportunistic D.

I wasn't worried about Cam taking sacks, ok cool they (Broncos) have a good D, but knew if he threw INTs (which he primarily avoided) or got sacked/fumbled the ball (or other TOs) was the only way the Broncos had a chance. Those two sacks/fumbles were the problems in my opinion, easier said than done but take the sack or throw the ball away. Other than a few high balls due to early game anxiety, plus several dropped balls, I thought Cam played an ok game under constant duress. If he doesn't fumble those balls (kudos to Von Miller), the entire game takes on a different feel...not saying the Panthers would have won, but Vegas and everybody else liked their chances.
I think they lost to a better defense and a better ST's.

It's the little things that win or lose games like this and I think Denver has the better advantage when it came to offense vs defense.

and honestly, I think it's because Shula abandoned the option which was working and Stewart missing time early threw them off their game. The catch ruled an incompletion was huge as well. I heard NFL.com MUTED the announcers on the replay online because they all thought it was a catch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte