Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 08:53 AM

35 posts, read 15,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
well, well, well... the sports world is finally talking about Peyton Manning's fabricated good boy image. Nice story about the media's double standard.

Reaction to Peyton Manning allegations, Cam Newton press conference - NFL
Of course the writer has to put the whole racial spin on it....that card never gets old

Old 02-15-2016, 09:00 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune Massive View Post
Of course the writer has to put the whole racial spin on it....that card never gets old
yeah... this is a good reason to shrug off the story and act like it never happened.

if the writer didn't play that card you would surely be up in arms about Peytons sexual assault.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:02 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,909,481 times
Quote:
That card will never go away until they equally distribute how they portray NFL players in the media. And social media is the worst. It brought out all the racist Viewers

Last edited by Staysean23; 02-15-2016 at 09:21 AM..

Old 02-15-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
That card will never go away until they equally distribute how they portray NFL players in the media. And socially media is the worst.
well, this is how the media makes their money.

I just wish people would look at the facts instead of screaming race card and ignoring the facts in the story.

The again, it's pretty hard to look at certain "sports heroes" under the microscope.

Old 02-15-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
yeah... this is a good reason to shrug off the story and act like it never happened.

if the writer didn't play that card you would surely be up in arms about Peytons sexual assault.
In the opening paragraph, he makes mention to Johnnie Manziel, then he goes on to mention the black community....one has nothing to do with the other, so why mix the 2?

Old 02-15-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
In the opening paragraph, he makes mention to Johnnie Manziel, then he goes on to mention the black community....one has nothing to do with the other, so why mix the 2?
they are all quarterbacks...

and it's about how the media portrays QB's..

but the main point is Peyton Manning sexually assaulted a woman in college and we never heard about it.

Old 02-15-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
they are all quarterbacks...

and it's about how the media portrays QB's..

but the main point is Peyton Manning sexually assaulted a woman in college and we never heard about it.
So who are you blaming for that? The public or the media or administration for not reporting the ALLEGED abuse?

If he wants to write about the Manning situation, hey, have at it....this isn't a black/white thing, why go there?

Old 02-15-2016, 11:04 AM

436 posts, read 445,938 times
Quote:

What is your source of info? Was he convicted? What info to you have that shows that he did actually sexually assaulted someone? I'm really not calling you a liar, I would just like to see if it really happened. But, while on the subject, I suggest that Newton will be in major trouble with the law in the next five years.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard rawaon View Post
What is your source of info? Was he convicted? What info to you have that shows that he did actually sexually assaulted someone? I'm really not calling you a liar, I would just like to see if it really happened. But, while on the subject, I suggest that Newton will be in major trouble with the law in the next five years.
All you have to do is google. Sports Illustrated did a nice article on it. I also went to U of Tennessee for a year so I perk up anytime there is a scandal. This happened back in 1996.

lol at the Newton prediction. That is a good joke.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
All you have to do is google. Sports Illustrated did a nice article on it. I also went to U of Tennessee for a year so I perk up anytime there is a scandal. This happened back in 1996.

lol at the Newton prediction. That is a good joke.
So you want to convict someone based on a Google Search and 2 sports magazine articles....seriously
Let's follow down this crazy line of thinking and let's ASSUME Peyton did something (it's a total reach, but let's go there)....Whatever Peyton did or didn't do, what does that have anything to do with how Cam acted at a press conference....that is like me asking you "what is 2+2"? And you answer "Tuesday", it makes no sense

Last edited by Neptune Massive; 02-15-2016 at 12:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte