Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2016, 12:25 PM

1 posts, read 491 times

Advertisements

I NEED HELPPLEASE! My name is Jessica. My family and I have been living in a hotel(Days Inn) since Thursday of last week. Iwas renting a house on Lamplighter Place, Charlotte, NC, 28217. I signed the lease in November of 2014. I fulfilled the year lease. At the beginning of December of 2015, Icontacted my current realty company “Bottom Line Realty” and informed them Iwould be late due to a financial issue. I get paid from my job on the 15th and 31st or 30thevery month. I received an email fromBottom Line Realty on 12/21 letting me know they were going to file a late rentpayment on me. They informed me I haduntil 12/22 by 9am to bring in the full amount to stop the filing process. I wasn’t sure what a filing process meant atthe time. I read and responded to thisemail on 12/25/2015 letting them know my pay arrangements and that I would payDecember’s rent then. I dropped thepayment for December’s rent off to them on 12/31/2015. Technically to get caught up, I was paying atthe end of the month was my intention December and January until my tax returncame in and then pay a month ahead to prevent this from happening going forward.
Needless tosay, on Saturday, January 30, 2016, I received a letter in the mail that I hadbeen evicted and had until February 4th to vacant the premises. I was shocked as I had not heard from themexcept for the email letter sent on 12/21/2015. Come to find out they filed for eviction on 12/22/2015, yet cashed mycheck for December’s rent. Therefore, I had only 4 days to move all my stuffsomewhere and be out. We did get it allout. I had three 4 wheelers a trailerand a 3 bedroom house that is all in storage.
At thispoint, I am unable to go through a property realty company because of theeviction that they have filed against me. I am unable to appeal the eviction because it has been 10 days after theJudge’s ruling. I do not understand howthis happened or why yet I have to not think about that and try to provide aroof over my children’s heads other than a hotel.
I have agreat job in Monroe, NC that I have been at for a year. They are a great Christian lead company. My yearly income in $58,000 and I have rentalproperty in Lake Placid, FL which pays out $8,400.00 a year.
I am lookingfor a three bedroom house to call home. I do not have a criminal background or been involved in drugactivity. My previous job lasted 10years as an Operation Manager which ended because I no longer wanted my work tobe my life. I have a Bachelor’s degreein Psychology and working towards my Master’s. I finally wanted to enjoy my daughter which is 12. I spent most of her life working and realizedthat I needed to be her mother so I downsized as I was making $120,000.00 ayear. I bought and lived in a$270,000.00 house. I relocated fromAlbany, GA where I had my previous job to Charlotte, NC due to the employmentopportunities. I started out as asecretary for a roofing company yet was let go after 2 months because he couldno longer afford me. I then got a jobselling home improvements opportunities knocking on people’s door for minimumwage. God then allowed me to get hiredafter 3 months of interview processes at my current job. I had a baby last September. Her name is Ivy and is now 4 months old.
I have beenthrough so many obstacles in the last two years that could have made me justgive up. I mean a lot. I chose to keep going because the Lord hasgiven me the determination. My life isnot easy as I am sure many aren’t yet I am reaching out to the church forhelp. I believe that somehow somewayGod’s people can help me because isn’t that what we are all supposed to do ishelp one another. I am not asking for moneybecause I am a worker. I have enough fora deposit plus 2 months’ rent up front. I am asking for an opportunity to rent a home. Unfortunately, I am so new to the area, I donot know anyone. I literally work andtake care of my children. That leaveslittle time to have a socialization life. My boyfriend of 2 years had quit his job a week before the evictionbecause he was working second shift and realized it was too hard on me with thechildren. He has a 7 year old littleboy. The little boy’s mother is unableto take care of his child so he is the sole provider for him. I have a big weight on my shoulders. I have 3 children to take care of and a manthat is trying his hardest to do what he can.
We are goodpeople. Please let me know if you knowanyone that might be able to help us with a home. In a nice area. We can afford up to $1,075.00 a month. I have a house in Lake Placid, Florida that Iown free and clear and will be putting it up on the market to get out of debtfrom my previous marriage and be able in the future to put down on a home onceI clear my credit history up. If you donot know anyone please send a prayer up to God to allow him to bring me someonethat will help us.
I have proofof rental payment history, work pay stubs and my home verifications if youwould like further information.

Thank you somuch for taking the time out of your day to read this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte