Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2010, 10:27 AM

46 posts, read 115,176 times

Advertisements

Moving to Laramie in January, and have been having a dickens of a time finding someplace to live. My tentative plan is to leave my dog in Arizona with my family until summer, find something with a 6 month lease until then, and then find a house with a yard that allows dogs once to rentals clear out in the summer.

Can anyone recommend property management companies/apartment complexes? I'm having a hard time finding much of anything online. I searched the forums too, but what I found was a couple years old and there could be more options now. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 11:56 AM

2,186 posts, read 6,825,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackaroo1223 View Post
Moving to Laramie in January, and have been having a dickens of a time finding someplace to live. My tentative plan is to leave my dog in Arizona with my family until summer, find something with a 6 month lease until then, and then find a house with a yard that allows dogs once to rentals clear out in the summer.

Can anyone recommend property management companies/apartment complexes? I'm having a hard time finding much of anything online. I searched the forums too, but what I found was a couple years old and there could be more options now. Thank you!
It's October.....no one is going to list a rental in the paper, Craigslist or on bulletin boards on campus for January now. I found my places in the paper(Laramie Bopperang ) or on campus boards every August for the school year.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:56 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,220,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackaroo1223 View Post

My daughter lived in two different complexes when they were in Laramie. The first one was a little older, but was 2 bedroom and roomy. It was in a complex of 4plexes (2 up, 2 down, split level kind). Then they moved into a larger, like new complex.....still had 2 bedrooms but they were large and it had it's own place for washer/dryer. I believe it was called Calla Mara or something like that. I will get ahold of her after she gets off work to find out more then will let you know!

Old 10-07-2010, 07:36 PM

46 posts, read 115,176 times
Thank you! I appreciate it greatly! And if she maybe knows of any others that would be great too.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:51 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,220,389 times
When I talked to my daughter she said that the first apts. they lived in are really bad now I guess. They weren't too bad when they were there a couple of years ago, but I guess the management has really let them go and they even have bedbugs now! I don't know the name but they are a group of several 4 plexes that are on the street right down from the Sonic. As for Cona-Mara, where they lives last, she said that it was for low income and they qualified being they were in college and had 2 babies. It is a beautiful place, but unless you have lower income it wouldn't work for you, sorry! She said she wasn't aware of names of other places, but she did say "good luck in finding a 6 month lease in Laramie". She said that everywhere they looked the owners want a one year lease. That makes it tough for you in January. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, and best wishes to you and your family.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:50 PM

24 posts, read 122,755 times
I'd agree that it is doubtful that anything would be listed now for January. The Boomerang does have some listings online. Try doing a search for 'laramie property management companies' and you'll see a few listed. I'd recommend giving them a call and seeing if they have any leads for you.

Good luck!

Old 11-05-2010, 10:16 AM

3,649 posts, read 6,291,155 times
we found a apartment for last spring semester online at the Boomerang for my son and Daughter about this time of year, was and 2nd story only one block from campus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming