Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 06:30 AM

1,985 posts, read 2,074,166 times

Advertisements

Wife charged with killing husband in Gaston County; 2 others slain | The Charlotte Observer

Sad what's happening in Gaston County. More deaths last night in Gaston County than the last 11 years COMBINED of the CIAA tournament. Sad what's happening there. Be safe people. Area must be eroding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 07:06 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,741,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
Wife charged with killing husband in Gaston County; 2 others slain | The Charlotte Observer

Sad what's happening in Gaston County. More deaths last night in Gaston County than the last 11 years COMBINED of the CIAA tournament. Sad what's happening there. Be safe people. Area must be eroding.
Y'know what, I realize that you think that this is clever, but it isn't.

The same people dumping on all things deemed to be racial etc dump on this area out here. Good things & bad things happen out here. When was the last time that they covered the good?

I don't participate in bashing. You think it's a good idea to throw this area under the bus for some unfortunate things. Thanks a lot. I will ignore all of the threads that I have previously tried to inject a voice of reason in the future.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Y'know what, I realize that you think that this is clever, but it isn't.

The same people dumping on all things deemed to be racial etc dump on this area out here. Good things & bad things happen out here. When was the last time that they covered the good?

I don't participate in bashing. You think it's a good idea to throw this area under the bus for some unfortunate things. Thanks a lot. I will ignore all of the threads that I have previously tried to inject a voice of reason in the future.

Don't take it personal southbound. I'm guessing share we the same opinion. It's not your fault this murder occurred in Gaston County.

The racists on this board want to highlight the facts that support their bigoted opinions and ignore any others that may put them in perspective. My point is the same one you are making.

What's true for Gaston county in your second paragraph is also true for the CIAA and any predominantly black neighborhood or shopping center that is regularly dragged through the mud on this board.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:43 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,741,920 times
Quote:
Don't take it personal southbound. I'm guessing share we the same opinion. It's not your fault this murder occurred in Gaston County.

The racists on this board want to highlight the facts that support their bigoted opinions and ignore any others that may put them in perspective. My point is the same one you are making.

What's true for Gaston county in your second paragraph is also true for the CIAA and any predominantly black neighborhood or shopping center that is regularly dragged through the mud on this board.
The 74/85 corridor, from Belmont to Kings Mountain is very diverse, racially & economically. These are cities & towns that are trying to reinvent themselves. The same people who take swipes in certain areas areas in Charlotte take swipes at this area because they see it as economically inferior. They see all of the people as inferior to them.

I've worked to point out what's happening out here that's good for years because the news people don't. Two wrongs don't make a right & I'm offended.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:56 AM

1,826 posts, read 2,500,793 times
Gaston County is going downhill too? Pretty soon we won't have anywhere safe in the whole metro to live

Old 03-02-2016, 10:09 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,587,549 times
Quote:

Here's the facts jack. African Americans commit the highest percent of homicides in this country. According to the Fbi crime stats from 2013 there was 5723 homicides. Whites committed 2698. Blacks committed 2654. Almost half of all homicides were committed by blacks, even though blacks only make up 13 percent of the population. That's not some garbage stat. 13 percent of the population is committing well over 40 percent of all murders. That's not racist that's not bs it's a fact. Blacks also kill whites at a higher percentage than whites kill blacks.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...#disablemobile

Old 03-02-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
Here's the facts jack. African Americans commit the highest percent of homicides in this country. According to the Fbi crime stats from 2013 there was 5723 homicides. Whites committed 2698. Blacks committed 2654. Almost half of all homicides were committed by blacks, even though blacks only make up 13 percent of the population. That's not some garbage stat. 13 percent of the population is committing well over 40 percent of all murders. That's not racist that's not bs it's a fact. Blacks also kill whites at a higher percentage than whites kill blacks.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...#disablemobile
Thanks for the stat, but a there is a stronger correlation between violent crimes and poverty than race.

Poor whites actually commit more crimes than poor blacks, but they are similarly high. I'm as anti crime as they come but using the statistics you cited to claim that blacks are inherently more violent is racist and narrowminded. I think a lot of people enjoy the statistics as you filter them to support their bigoted views. It's confirmation bias.

Jack

Old 03-02-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
The 74/85 corridor, from Belmont to Kings Mountain is very diverse, racially & economically. These are cities & towns that are trying to reinvent themselves. The same people who take swipes in certain areas areas in Charlotte take swipes at this area because they see it as economically inferior. They see all of the people as inferior to them.

I've worked to point out what's happening out here that's good for years because the news people don't. Two wrongs don't make a right & I'm offended.

You can be offended if you want. Kudos to you for pointing out the good. I think if the bigots on this site spent more time getting to know people from different walks of life they would be less likely to spew hate based on race/class. People are people.

I'm not sure letting this site be dominated by people posting each random clickbait crime headline and claiming it's the end of the world is doing any good.

The fact remains that more people were killed in 1 day yesterday in Gaston County than in 11 years of the CIAA tournament.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:48 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,587,549 times
Quote:
Thanks for the stat, but a there is a stronger correlation between violent crimes and poverty than race.

Poor whites actually commit more crimes than poor blacks, but they are similarly high. I'm as anti crime as they come but using the statistics you cited to claim that blacks are inherently more violent is racist and narrowminded. I think a lot of people enjoy the statistics as you filter them to support their bigoted views. It's confirmation bias.

Jack
Typical. Someone states facts, and the facts are distorted, and the person stating the fact is racist. Yet you didn't dismiss nor address the fact that blacks make up just 13 percent of the population, but commit over 40 percent of all murders, and that they murder whites at a higher percentage than whites murder blacks. Either you don't understand percentages or you want to ignore facts to fit your narrative.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
Typical. Someone states facts, and the facts are distorted, and the person stating the fact is racist. Yet you didn't dismiss nor address the fact that blacks make up just 13 percent of the population, but commit over 40 percent of all murders, and that they murder whites at a higher percentage than whites murder blacks. Either you don't understand percentages or you want to ignore facts to fit your narrative.
I am not denying any facts. What percentage are men? What percentage of murders are family members?

I'm not saying that your one fact is wrong. What I'm saying is that one fact about race % of murders is not enough to make the conclusion that being black is equivalent with being more violent.

It is typical (and what I forecasted in the prior post) that you want to highlight one statistic in isolation and champion it as the golden goose vs. dig deeper to understand the issue more fully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte