Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2008, 01:38 PM

14 posts, read 21,923 times

Advertisements

Hi....hopefully you all can help me here.....Myself and two friends are planning on moving to a nice outside suburb of charlotte that has a low crime rate and is nice....we are all male and in our upper 20's and early 30's and unmarried....so we would also like a place to have a few beers, nightlife, etc...where would u sugest? 1 of us is going to be looking for a decent job when he arrives, the other 2 have jobs set.....We currently live outside of Cleveland Ohio and have heard nothing about good things about the charlotte area......although none of us have lived there, we are willing to make this change....any suggestions or ideas would be great......we jsut cant take this weather up north here anymore! we will also be looking for a 3 bedroom townhouse/home......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 02:40 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaner96 View Post
Hi....hopefully you all can help me here.....Myself and two friends are planning on moving to a nice outside suburb of charlotte that has a low crime rate and is nice....we are all male and in our upper 20's and early 30's and unmarried....so we would also like a place to have a few beers, nightlife, etc...where would u sugest? 1 of us is going to be looking for a decent job when he arrives, the other 2 have jobs set.....We currently live outside of Cleveland Ohio and have heard nothing about good things about the charlotte area......although none of us have lived there, we are willing to make this change....any suggestions or ideas would be great......we jsut cant take this weather up north here anymore! we will also be looking for a 3 bedroom townhouse/home......
The other 2 guys w/ jobs - can you give us any idea on where they will be working so we can narrow down a good area for you?

Also - any parameters on $$ for rent? Got a date set when you will be arriving?

Old 03-11-2008, 03:03 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,221,381 times
As Ani said, need a bit more info when you can. Location of jobs is critical. Depending on rent rate, there are many areas both north and south of the city.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:16 PM

7 posts, read 19,141 times
Good old Cleveland, Ohio....! I was 45 mins. south of Cleveland this past weekend for a funeral in my hometown and got cought in that terrible snow storm. I couldn't beleive that I lived in that there for 20 some years before I moved down here 3 years ago, and haven't looked back since. (I do however miss my sport teams- Browns, Cavs, Buckeyes...)

Any who, it all depends what you and your buddies do for a living and how far you would like to travel for work. I would suggest the Lake Norman area, 20 miles north of Charlotte. Good luck with move.

Go Brownies!!

Old 03-12-2008, 08:53 AM

we have met some people on a vacation this week from huntersville and matthews on a cruise we took ... m ad te tr 2 guys are 26.....none of us married or kids....rent or mortgage probly around the $1100 to $1500 area.....One of my buddies is an electrician, the other works for chase bank.....I currently am a body shop manager/estimator....i would be interested in being a claims adjuster for a insurance company or something of the sort since i have over 13 years experience writing estimates on collisions....but who knows maybe change alltogether.... I actually live in strongsville and grew up in the medina area and im sure u know where that is......WHat are your views of living there sine ur move? I am 30 so this is a tought decision but i absolutely hate this weather and we have al;ready made a few friends there on our cruise this past week....southern girls and guys are way nicer than peopl here.....i cant believe the difference.......

Old 03-12-2008, 08:54 AM

they did tell us lake norman area was real nice......but im sure my frineds wont have trouble getiing jobs, its me im worried about......but then again thats why im asking now! hahaha

Old 03-12-2008, 08:55 AM

sorry to keep replying but probly be coming august sept time....once the crappy weather hits here

Old 03-13-2008, 12:38 PM

175 posts, read 188,598 times
Quote:
they did tell us lake norman area was real nice......but im sure my frineds wont have trouble getiing jobs, its me im worried about......but then again thats why im asking now! hahaha
Well, at least you don't have to worry about your spelling holding you back (just kidding, couldn't resist).

Old 03-13-2008, 01:53 PM

fyi......i was the top speller in the 8th grade.....im just not a good typer...sorry.....lol

Old 03-13-2008, 02:13 PM

429 posts, read 730,477 times
Quote:
fyi......i was the top speller in the 8th grade.....im just not a good typer...sorry.....lol

I bet you are great at texting......am I right??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte