Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2017, 01:06 PM

391 posts, read 402,072 times

Advertisements

Since 1995, 60 blacks have been murdered by "white supremacist" groups in the U.S. That is a period of 22 years. Eleven whites are killed by blacks daily in the U.S. That means that in just over 5 days, there are more whites murdered in the U.S. than all of the blacks that are murdered by white supremacist in all those years. Make your own conclusions, I did. My point, get over the "white supremacist" crap, it is not a threat to anyone at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 02:53 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,330,713 times
SoL, cite your sources?

According to the FBI in 2015 alone there were "5,818 single-bias incidents involving 7,121 victims. Of those victims, 59.2 percent were targeted because of a race/ethnicity/ancestry bias..."

I did the math for you. That's 4216 victims of hate crimes based on race in a single year.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/201...stics-released

I think I'll take the FBI's statistics over your random spouting off.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
SoL, cite your sources?

According to the FBI in 2015 alone there were "5,818 single-bias incidents involving 7,121 victims. Of those victims, 59.2 percent were targeted because of a race/ethnicity/ancestry bias..."

I did the math for you. That's 4216 victims of hate crimes based on race in a single year.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/201...stics-released

I think I'll take the FBI's statistics over your random spouting off.
Maybe it is to difficult for you. To simply restate, there were 60 murders of blacks by white supremacist groups, per se since 1995. There are people killed every day as a result of racism. Look at the Charlotte riots for example and the poor whites that were terrorized and beaten. That isn't what I am talking about. I am talking about the same groups that the idiots on the news are talking about, i.e., KKK, Nazis (I believe they are all in Chicago and other such places.) Don't dwell on it. You are fighting a useless battle. Murder is mostly not an issue that destroys our communities thankfully.

Old 08-18-2017, 07:13 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,726,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
How do you feel about placing plaques next to all of the Confederate monuments and statues across the South that detail the history of slavery (number of slaves, number of slaves murdered, number of slaves raped), the "Lost Cause" myth, white supremacy inherent in the "Lost Cause" myth and the United Daughters of the Confederacy, and Jim Crow (include the number of African-Americans lynched)?

Or, maybe a statue of an overseer/slaveowner whipping a slave and another statue of an overseer/slaveowner raping a slave?

You seem to be interested in preserving our history. Right now the Confederate monuments on courthouse lawns and elsewhere across the South leave a ton of our history out of the picture.

Well, if you want those statues, start a Go Fund Me page. No problem. As we used to say, Money talks, "you know what" walks.

Additionally, you clearly have bought into the radical left narrative on the statues. A basic stats course will teach you that correlation is not the same as causation. In the 1900 - 1920 timeframe, as well as Jim Crow, the actual Civil War participants were dying off. They were memorialized. As to the mid 60s, wait for it . . . The 100th anniversity of the war.

Having stated that, my view is that if such statues are hurtful to a sizable portion of the population, they ought to be removed, but only as a polite gesture to our brothers and sisters.

Finally, folks that truly believe the monuments represent "Heritage not Hate" ought to be raising you know what with the KKK and NAZIs to stay away from the monuments. Haven't heard that. Silence is why the flag was hijacked by the Klan and others.

The thing is, any time one finds oneself on the side of the NAZIs, regardless of the issue, it is time for introspection.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Well, if you want those statues, start a Go Fund Me page. No problem. As we used to say, Money talks, "you know what" walks.

Additionally, you clearly have bought into the radical left narrative on the statues. A basic stats course will teach you that correlation is not the same as causation. In the 1900 - 1920 timeframe, as well as Jim Crow, the actual Civil War participants were dying off. They were memorialized. As to the mid 60s, wait for it . . . The 100th anniversity of the war.

Having stated that, my view is that if such statues are hurtful to a sizable portion of the population, they ought to be removed, but only as a polite gesture to our brothers and sisters.

Finally, folks that truly believe the monuments represent "Heritage not Hate" ought to be raising you know what with the KKK and NAZIs to stay away from the monuments. Haven't heard that. Silence is why the flag was hijacked by the Klan and others.

The thing is, any time one finds oneself on the side of the NAZIs, regardless of the issue, it is time for introspection.
The problem is that radical groups often display the Rebel flag along with the U.S. flag. The Rebel flag is a sign of "rebellion," not racial hate even if it is flown at racial based gatherings. The Rebel flag is flown in many countries, I have seen many in Ireland, Czech republic, France, and places where conflict exists. Too many Americans don't understand this. Is it the education system? If the U.S. flag is on display beside the Rebel flag, shouldn't the U.S. flag be disposed of as well. The whole issue is insane. The radical groups weren't there to defend the statue. They were there to display their anger over the obvious double standard in the U.S. that unanimously favours the left and special interest. Listening to the KKK and Nazis interviewed, they probably don't know who Robert E. Lee was, just like most of the morons on the other side.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:46 AM

37,877 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff of London View Post
The problem is that radical groups often display the Rebel flag along with the U.S. flag. The Rebel flag is a sign of "rebellion," not racial hate even if it is flown at racial based gatherings. The Rebel flag is flown in many countries, I have seen many in Ireland, Czech republic, France, and places where conflict exists. Too many Americans don't understand this. Is it the education system? If the U.S. flag is on display beside the Rebel flag, shouldn't the U.S. flag be disposed of as well. The whole issue is insane. The radical groups weren't there to defend the statue. They were there to display their anger over the obvious double standard in the U.S. that unanimously favours the left and special interest. Listening to the KKK and Nazis interviewed, they probably don't know who Robert E. Lee was, just like most of the morons on the other side.
You can always go back to your own country if you don't like what's going on here. Hell I'll set up a gofundme page for you myself.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
You can always go back to your own country if you don't like what's going on here. Hell I'll set up a gofundme page for you myself.
I like it here. You must understand that many of us have a view obviously different than yours. I feel sorry that such a great, aspiring section of the U.S. has been infiltrated with so many mindless individuals that have no respect for the history that made the south a great place. They are no doubt diverting the country from the issues that should be paramount. We should be concerned about security, immigration, crime, and employment. You obviously don't feel that people (different than you) have a voice in local matters. That is typical of individuals in hate groups. This is my home. I live here at least nine months out of the year. If you don't care for my comments or views of others, maybe you should join the far left liberal morons that moved to Canada (or threaten to do so).

You need to stick to the rules of the board and keep ignorant personal insults (suggestions) to yourself.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Maybe it is to difficult for you. To simply restate, there were 60 murders of blacks by white supremacist groups, per se since 1995.
Here I made it simple for you!

You are spouting off numbers with NO SOURCES.

I can make up numbers, too, but I didn't. I went to the source, the FBI, and got REAL NUMBERS. Try it sometime!

Old 08-19-2017, 08:39 AM

The thing is, these monuments are not simply remembering folks who lost their lives in the Civil War. That would be a Civil War memorial and would be on the same footing as a Vietnam Memorial or WW II or WW I or Korean War memorial. These monuments are specifically honoring the Confederacy. That's the difference. It's not about unity. It's about division. It's about honoring the side that wanted to keep slavery going. It's a slap in the face to every African American in North Carolina and does not honor white North Carolinians who sided with the Union.

If white folks with ancestors who fought for the Confederacy want to remember their Civil War veteran g-g-g-grandpa, then that can be accomplished with an inclusive Civil War memorial that also honors the nearly 4 million enslaved African Americans at the time of the war (330,000 slaves in NC, 1/3 of the total population) as well as the North Carolinians who fought for the Union. There were several Union companies in western NC and there were lots of NC boys and men who did not want to join, but were conscripted into the Confederate army and men who hid out from the Confederate Home Guard like the fictionalized account in Cold Mountain or Timothy Tyson's great-great-grandfather or Micajah and Tommy McPherson.

No one is trying to tear down the Unity Monument at Bennett Place, which is one of the most important Civil War sites in North Carolina. Folks just want to see the ones that glorify the Confederacy go. The Confederate monuments do not tell the whole story of the Civil War in North Carolina.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:58 AM

37,877 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
I like it here. You must understand that many of us have a view obviously different than yours. I feel sorry that such a great, aspiring section of the U.S. has been infiltrated with so many mindless individuals that have no respect for the history that made the south a great place. They are no doubt diverting the country from the issues that should be paramount. We should be concerned about security, immigration, crime, and employment. You obviously don't feel that people (different than you) have a voice in local matters. That is typical of individuals in hate groups. This is my home. I live here at least nine months out of the year. If you don't care for my comments or views of others, maybe you should join the far left liberal morons that moved to Canada (or threaten to do so).

You need to stick to the rules of the board and keep ignorant personal insults (suggestions) to yourself.
Your criticisms of America have been noted and you'd probably be better off back in your own country. You are not an American citizen; I am and you have absolutely no right or standing to tell me to leave my own country. Leave us Americans alone and tend to your own issues in Britain. Delta is ready whenever you are.

THIS IS NOT YOUR COUNTRY. Sorry if you can't deal with that fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte