Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2017, 03:16 PM

10 posts, read 9,166 times

Advertisements

Hi all---

I didn't get a great response to some of my earlier questions and from reading these boards, I realized maybe I am being too broad. So...take 2:

Please help me with these two questions:

1---In the Marvin, Weddington and Cuthbertson School Clusters (which I know may change), which neighborhoods are walkable to the elementary schools?

2---Which neighborhoods have an active pool without a swim team (in those some cluster areas).

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers:-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 03:54 PM

751 posts, read 942,981 times
"active pool without a swim team"...what do you mean? A pool where there's lots of kids playing in it or a pool where there's lots of people swimming laps?

Hunter Oaks has a swim team, but they also have two pools and both have lots of kids playing in it usually. It's not walkable to Rea View though.

Old 08-24-2017, 07:03 PM

Sorry!
Active pool, as in kids playing, families hanging out, but just no swim team.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:48 PM

604 posts, read 658,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsmom11 View Post
Sorry!
Active pool, as in kids playing, families hanging out, but just no swim team.
not sure what is the issue with the swim team?? I assume most large neighborhoods have them.

It is an activity that last about a month and kids & parents who choose to participate really enjoy (visiting other neighborhoods for "competitions", making friends, fun).

Even the ones that choose to not participate there is no issue, they have training almost daily but no longer than an hour, so plenty of pool time for the ones not participating.

Old 08-25-2017, 06:27 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,447,678 times
For subdivisions that are walkable elementary schools, you're probably going to have to research that yourself. Google maps will help. A portion of the Marvin Creek subdivision is walkable to Marvin Elementary.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:30 AM

48 posts, read 151,564 times
Here are few that I could think of:

Brookemead is a new neighborhood that is walkable to New Town elem/Cuthbertston cluster.

Champion Forest and parts of Lawson are walkable to Cuthbertson Middle/High. There could possibly be an elementary school on that same campus at some point, but no plans to build it yet.

Weddington Heights could be walkable to Weddington Elem/ Middle, but it's a busy road to cross.

Brookhaven is walkable to Antioch Elem, also has amazing pool/amenities.

Parts of Marvin Creek are walkable to Marvin Elem

Chimneys at Marvin walkable to Sandy Ridge Elem.

Old 08-26-2017, 01:16 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,411,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kona44 View Post
Here are few that I could think of:

Brookemead is a new neighborhood that is walkable to New Town elem/Cuthbertston cluster.

Champion Forest and parts of Lawson are walkable to Cuthbertson Middle/High. There could possibly be an elementary school on that same campus at some point, but no plans to build it yet.

Weddington Heights could be walkable to Weddington Elem/ Middle, but it's a busy road to cross.

Brookhaven is walkable to Antioch Elem, also has amazing pool/amenities.

Parts of Marvin Creek are walkable to Marvin Elem

Chimneys at Marvin walkable to Sandy Ridge Elem.
Brookhaven also has a swim team fyi.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28079 View Post
not sure what is the issue with the swim team?? I assume most large neighborhoods have them.

It is an activity that last about a month and kids & parents who choose to participate really enjoy (visiting other neighborhoods for "competitions", making friends, fun).

Even the ones that choose to not participate there is no issue, they have training almost daily but no longer than an hour, so plenty of pool time for the ones not participating.
Thanks for this! I guess it's that here where we are now, it really is "swim team or bust", so if you aren't on swim team (we are not), you are not included in much. I'm beginning to see that is probably just how it is here, not everywhere! Thank you for describing how it is there!

Old 08-30-2017, 10:59 AM

457 posts, read 1,181,555 times
That might hold true for a smaller neighborhood but in a large neighborhood that is definitely not the case in my experience. Also keep in mind if there is a lap pool a swim team may be formed so there would be no guarantee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: