Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 09:46 AM

386 posts, read 366,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
No, they don't. I said above the Google contractors tore up yards.
Hence, the cited "... or not ... ?" And, implied message all of the internet service providers and their sub-contractors help create similar issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 01:20 PM

1,195 posts, read 984,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energee View Post
We just switched from Spectrum to At&T fiber. We're paying for 300 mbps but consistently getting 350+. We're pleased. We were paying for 200 mbps with Spectrum and always tested around 75. We were with TWC for 13 years, but Spectrum came into town and raised prices and would not offer any deals to keep us.
Today ATT came for installation but couldn't install because of the old wires in my apartment (telegram wires), after trying 4 hours. So I ordered Spectrum for 45 per month for 12 months, internet only. Lady said I should get 100 mbps at my address so I'm hoping for that.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:12 AM

28 posts, read 46,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energee View Post
We just switched from Spectrum to At&T fiber. We're paying for 300 mbps but consistently getting 350+. We're pleased. We were paying for 200 mbps with Spectrum and always tested around 75. We were with TWC for 13 years, but Spectrum came into town and raised prices and would not offer any deals to keep us.
Where about are you in Charlotte if you don't mind my asking? Are you getting 350+ download and upload?

Old 05-05-2018, 07:14 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,652,015 times
I am in Concord - Concord Mills area- and will be moving to a newer apartment also in Concord. I have Spectrum now but was told that only AT&T Uverse is available in the new place. I only need Internet. ATT's website is not very helpful (on purpose?). Before I start calling I thought I'd try to get some practical information first. Has anyone recently made this switch to uverse Internet only? It looks like Bundles only on the website. Also, do they need to install it or can I sign-up/get the equipment at an ATT store? Lastly (not that I'll have much choice but to use ATT), how has recent experience been with them? I really had no problems of almost 5 years with Spectrum.
Thanks for any feedback.

Old 05-06-2018, 12:04 AM

69 posts, read 54,804 times
I clocked my Spectrum connection at 235 mbps down and 12 mbps up. If for some reason you are sending a lot of data, that might slow the download speed. Wireless overhead, interference, or a weak signal could also make it slower. The tech installed a unity signal amplifier and an RG11 cable outside of the house to help with signal strength. I prefer to have wired connections which approach 1Gbps, but the wireless connection seems pretty good, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte