Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2008, 05:57 PM

307 posts, read 715,297 times

Advertisements

Since I am moving to Huntersville I want to find out if there are any good places to go out around Lake Norman? I have been to double door and Rusty Rudder. My boyfriend and I like laid back bars like those and had a lot of fun there. Any others we should check out? I am kind of over going out in the city since I have lived in DC for a long time and experienced lots of it. We still want to check out Uptown but would like local places to hang out. How is Midtown Sundries? Any others we should check out? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 06:17 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,950,770 times
Birkdale picks up in the Summer... Midtown can be a little rowdy but hangin' out by the water is ok.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:03 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,501,703 times
Definite not laid back, but I thought I would throw this out there just as an option
Welcome to NV Nightclub-Lounge Online

Old 03-20-2008, 07:09 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,024,837 times
The Huntersville-Cornelius area in general has a reputation for good bars/restaurants - like the Rusty Rudder... Birkdale. 20min ride to Uptown off hours.

If that's what you're looking for, I think you're going to really like living in that area.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:26 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,218,962 times
Not really laid back but Jokers is good. A duel piano bar. A few places on the lake.. Birkdale and northcross have some stuff.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:33 AM

307 posts, read 715,297 times
Default Thanks for the info

I have never heard of Jokers, I will check that out. We will be walking distance to Birkdale so that will be nice in the summer.

Maybe I should have clarified laid back, I didn't mean that it would be quiet or not crowded, just that I would not have to dress to the nines like I was going to a club. Sounds like there is plenty to do around this area.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:10 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,894,400 times
I was in Cornelius a month ago to move furniture into my new house and attempted to go out on a Friday night. To be honest, there wasn't even standing room at the places I visited. I had just gotten over the flu thing that so many people had the smoke in the bars was unbearable. Nevertheless, I will be back and out every Friday and Saturday night.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:16 AM

1,852 posts, read 5,218,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLK706 View Post
I have never heard of Jokers, I will check that out. We will be walking distance to Birkdale so that will be nice in the summer.

Maybe I should have clarified laid back, I didn't mean that it would be quiet or not crowded, just that I would not have to dress to the nines like I was going to a club. Sounds like there is plenty to do around this area.
Oh pently of places like that. I live near there as well, Midtown, Fox and the Hound, Jokers are would work. Red Rock and Corkscrew are at Birkdale as well. I go to Northcross for the bowling, pool and the bar, its a little lower brow. They are still building and there are more places on the lake I haven't been to yet. But if you want a "scene" its a 20 min drive or a $28 Cab ride to uptown.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:22 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,653,670 times
I don't know. Nothin' beats sittin' on your porch watching the bug zapper do it's thing.

Old 03-22-2008, 04:10 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,664,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLK706 View Post
Since I am moving to Huntersville I want to find out if there are any good places to go out around Lake Norman? I have been to double door and Rusty Rudder. My boyfriend and I like laid back bars like those and had a lot of fun there. Any others we should check out? I am kind of over going out in the city since I have lived in DC for a long time and experienced lots of it. We still want to check out Uptown but would like local places to hang out. How is Midtown Sundries? Any others we should check out? Thanks!
You gotta check out Sayeeds! Coming from the interstate on Catawba (exit 28) headed into downtown Cornelius, it's a block from the interstate on the right behind the gas station. It's like a Cheers environment with karoke a few times a week. Pool tables, couches, and chill.

Eagles (FOE) is reopening and will be better than what it was. It's beside the old Graduate.

If you want a pool hall, check out the Irish Cue. And beside that is the Double Door Inn with live music.

You're gonna love the lake! Just wait for the parties on and off the lake. Check out the Sandbar, tie up to a stranger, get the vibe, then go party where they're throwin' down at one of the million dollar mansions. Strangers welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte