Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 06:22 AM

157 posts, read 156,831 times

Advertisements

Besides the Billy Graham Parkway thing, my Dem father-in-law from NY loves Charlotte, but is freaked out by all the churches on every road. He also loves San Diego, but doesn't like all the military bases there. I joke to him would whorehouses, liquor stores, and adult theatres make him feel more comfortable??? It is fascinating to delve into the mind of a leftist who will be honest....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 02:33 PM

2,411 posts, read 2,690,627 times
Billy Graham Parkway will be closed from Tyvola (near the VA Health Center / Sealed Air HQ campus) on the northwest to Tryon/49 (near the Embassy Suites) in the southeast from 9PM Thursday night until the conclusion of the ceremony sometime Friday afternoon.

Expect a rough morning commute for workers in the airport office parks, getting to the airport, and commuters that utilize Tryon/49 to get into Uptown.

Old 02-28-2018, 03:23 PM

107 posts, read 112,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChillax View Post
Besides the Billy Graham Parkway thing, my Dem father-in-law from NY loves Charlotte, but is freaked out by all the churches on every road. He also loves San Diego, but doesn't like all the military bases there. I joke to him would whorehouses, liquor stores, and adult theatres make him feel more comfortable??? It is fascinating to delve into the mind of a leftist who will be honest....
I guess some people are hardcore atheists.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:19 PM
NDL

4,517 posts, read 5,642,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
I am 100% anti-christian.. and any other religion. I am against ALL organized religions..

What I am NOT is ignorant to his remarks he's made against women and how they should be submissive and know their place, against gays who he said were deserving of AIDS as a punishment from god, and against Jews in which he was ON RECORD saying they're a cult of Satan amongst other things. Oh and him in all his egotistical holiness also went after Mormons. As if pitting one absurd belief over the other makes one right.

The ignorant ones are the ones who will nod their head to anything someone says as long as the word "God" is attached to it..
"God" says science is wrong -nods head
Gays are the reason "God" sent hurricane Katrina- nods head
"God" says drink the Kool-aid laced with poison- Nods head..

THAT is ignorance. Do not be angry at me for following something with no basis, proof, or foundation other than someone elses interpretation of a word written 3000 years ago. Then when its questioned YOU find it offensive and reduce yourself to finger pointing and outrage. You're an adult. Engage with reality
You need to engage with reality; there's a great deal of typecasting here.

There was far more emotion in the above post, than there was in you describing your "drive by shooting" experience, or against those who broke into your possessions.

One of my closest friends is an Agnostic, with a similar contempt towards organized religion. The Billy Graham Parkway? He wouldn't give it a second thought. How could he be angry against a god that doesn't exist?

Do you rage against the tooth fairy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte