Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 06:50 PM

6,819 posts, read 9,050,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT4 View Post
Did you call the hotel and ask if their parking lot will still be opened that weekend?
I plan to call them tomorrow. Busy tonight. Thought I'd ask here. Maybe some setup for the parade? Hope we can still get to the hotel. Other option is use the parking on church street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 06:56 PM

7,074 posts, read 12,338,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
I plan to call them tomorrow. Busy tonight. Thought I'd ask here. Maybe some setup for the parade? Hope we can still get to the hotel. Other option is use the parking on church street.
The festival of India was going on this weekend. That festival usually involves the closure of Tryon Street between Trade and 1st Street. It's totally unrelated to next weekend's Pride fest.

Old 08-12-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
The festival of India was going on this weekend. That festival usually involves the closure of Tryon Street between Trade and 1st Street. It's totally unrelated to next weekend's Pride fest.
Lot of festivals in downtown Charlotte, I guess.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:33 PM

7,074 posts, read 12,338,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Lot of festivals in downtown Charlotte, I guess.
Yes. This time of year, there's usually a festival somewhere in town every weekend. This weekend, downtown had the festival of India and Southpark had the Puerto Rican festival.

Next weekend, there's Pride, a Friday night preseason Panther's game against the Dolphins, and 3 Charlotte Knights games against Louisville. Next weekend, downtown will have 100,000-plus sports fans AND 150,000-200,000 people attending Pride. If there aren't any major storms; expect to see large crowds.

Also, if you don't plan on leaving the downtown area during your visit; I'd highly suggest that you leave your car at your hotel's parking for your entire stay. I say this because a busy weekend usually means higher-than-normal parking fees. It's silly to move your car from 1 end of downtown to the other. That simple move could cost you as much as $20-$30. Walking four blocks is MUCH cheaper.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:21 AM

Yes. I plan to park then walk. Just need to find parking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte