Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2018, 09:19 AM

2 posts, read 1,421 times

Advertisements

Hi, so this might be an odd question but I would appreciate any info! I would like to plan a date night for my husband. We love to be outside. I would really like to take him on a wooded walk that not too many people know about so we can be alone and enjoy the outdoors. I wanted to pack a picnic with champagne and a few of our favorite things. However I would like to be alone for the most part.

Does anyone have a suggestion of a walking trail that is a hidden gem? We are most likely to go at sunset. Is it very quiet or has an awesome view ? No well known parks please, unless there’s a trail within that is “unmarked”. It can be anywhere in the Charlotte metro area.

Thanks a bunch!!
Rachel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 07:36 PM

1,763 posts, read 3,291,277 times
http://charmeck.org/mecklenburg/coun...lMap020106.pdf

Old 09-11-2018, 08:32 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,389,215 times
North Mecklenburg District Park bike trail was never busy and it’s very woodsy and was always so peaceful to me. But I did go a lot during the weekdays. But some weekends I went were still very quiet and serene with a bike going by here and there.

Latta Plantion is very isolated. Woodsy.

Honestly, the best is Jetton Park in Cornelius. I highly, highly above all recommend Jetton. It’s not terribly crowded and it’s the most scenic, romantic, have your private nooks and it’s on the lake. Lots of woods but it’s not a narrow dirt path like say latta or North Meck. Pick Jetton!

(I’ve been to all the parks in Meck. I used the county park map and always went to a new park or greenway allll the time and I did so for years. I love parks - especially the trails.

Old 09-13-2018, 05:56 AM

1,092 posts, read 1,147,117 times
The trails around Lake Haigler at Anne Close Springs Greenway are really nice. You can walk for miles without seeing anyone else.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:07 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,956,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
North Mecklenburg District Park bike trail was never busy and it’s very woodsy and was always so peaceful to me. But I did go a lot during the weekdays. But some weekends I went were still very quiet and serene with a bike going by here and there.

Latta Plantion is very isolated. Woodsy.

Honestly, the best is Jetton Park in Cornelius. I highly, highly above all recommend Jetton. It’s not terribly crowded and it’s the most scenic, romantic, have your private nooks and it’s on the lake. Lots of woods but it’s not a narrow dirt path like say latta or North Meck. Pick Jetton!

(I’ve been to all the parks in Meck. I used the county park map and always went to a new park or greenway allll the time and I did so for years. I love parks - especially the trails.
I was also going to suggest Jetton as that was the first place I thought of after reading the OP.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:10 AM

751 posts, read 933,803 times
You can pick any park/trail in Charlotte this weekend and know you'll have it all to yourself

Old 09-13-2018, 03:34 PM

2 posts, read 1,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDcc123 View Post
You can pick any park/trail in Charlotte this weekend and know you'll have it all to yourself
Hahahaa, yes you’re right. Thanks for responses, more are also welcome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte