Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 08:55 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,472,569 times

Advertisements

Lake Walk is a great example of how Mooresville local government can't help themselves on sprawl before infrastructure is in place to handle it.

Personally I'd look on the east side of 77 in Mooresville as it's more established and not getting a ton worse. The west side however is going to get worse before it gets better, probably a lot worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2018, 07:46 PM

167 posts, read 690,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
Lake Walk is a great example of how Mooresville local government can't help themselves on sprawl before infrastructure is in place to handle it.

Personally I'd look on the east side of 77 in Mooresville as it's more established and not getting a ton worse. The west side however is going to get worse before it gets better, probably a lot worse.
We are looking in the east side of 77.

Old 12-18-2018, 08:41 PM

197 posts, read 232,702 times
Zipbags, I can't disagree with Wolf Howl. Yes Lake Walk is a DR Horton development in partnership with Nest, which at times can be frustrating. All and all, we love our house. We were able to get several improvements if we went with Hortons Mortgage lender, which as it happens , had interest rates inline with everyone else. We have owned the house for over a year now and Horton has kept to the warranties as far as house repairs that always come up with a new build. We did hire our own inspector as the house was being built as a safe guard and we are happy with the results. Yes the West side of 77 can be trying at times on 150. However compared to traffic in NJ, we don't find it a problem. Besides we can use some back roads to get around some of the traffic. We like that we are a couple of miles away from 150 and have farms around us. I do see however that more building will occur in future. Like I said, we like the lake and being near it. If that's not a priority for you, the east side of 77 will probably work for you. Its all a matter of perspective and what you have on your want list.

Old 12-18-2018, 09:20 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,741,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipbags View Post
Yes...we know. Sadly, she is in one of the lowest paying districts in here. So her paycut won't be that great. Plus she will be able to collect her retirement benefit from NJ which will help.

Just hoping she will be able to find a job quickly. I have heard the best way is to reach out to the principles of the schools. Has anyone heard of that or had experience with doing that?
Just a suggestion, if she looks at districts very far from Mooresville, I'd suggest looking for openings in eastern Lincoln County & Catawba County as well as Statesville rather than making the drive into Charlotte.

Old 01-03-2019, 06:43 PM

My wife is planning to send her resume to principles of schools in the area in the next few weeks. Hopefully that will open up some leads.

Old 03-21-2019, 07:04 AM

193 posts, read 496,925 times
Dr. Horton has several new home communities around Mooresville. I actually really like their home product and my past clients have had great experiences with the builder. It’s so great to see so many new people loving our town. We moved here 16 years ago from South Florida and I can’t imagine having raised my kids anywhere else. My daughter (now at NC State) graduated from Lake Norman High School. Zipbags, does your son plan to attend college. If so this will be a busy summer for you. Many parent begin unofficial tours after their sophmore year and then official tours throughout their junior year. As summer after junior year is pretty much filled with applications and essays. I try to remind parents that are moving during their sophmore year because it can often get lost in the move and then later feel behind. I think you’ll be pleased with all of our instate school options, I know that we were! Welcome to NC

Old 03-21-2019, 08:40 PM

Yes...My son will be a junior. We plan on visiting schools this fall. We are actually going on a tour of Penn State this weekend....even though my older daughter is a student there now. He wanted to go on an official tour before we move.

We actually visited both LNHS and MHS last December. Got student guided tours of both schools. While we liked them both...he seemed to like MHS a bit more and that is where we settled on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte