Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2008, 09:47 AM

1 posts, read 2,122 times

Advertisements

Moved to N Charlotte nearly 3 years ago and haven't made any Italian friends yet. We are late thirty's and early forty's and like to go to dinner or have a house full of company on a Sunday afternoon for dinner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 11:13 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
maybe try a church?

Old 04-13-2008, 02:24 PM

392 posts, read 1,184,024 times
Angelina, ciao bella from a gal whose last name ends in a vowel! You are so sweet. I wish I lived closer! Nothing like a big Sunday dinner, right? We are down here in SC outside of RH. Perhaps you can make it to the next CD CLT girl's night out and we can chat? Also, there is an upcoming Italian Fest at the St. Philip Neri church in Fort Mill - not my parish but I love that fest. A few of us CD people are hoping to attend. Here is a link to the Fest thread on CD York and Lancaster forum in SC, where a few of us discussed the fest, the cookies, our Italian background, etc. If you ever want to chat about Italian stuff, do feel free to DM me.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:19 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,379,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanRoadGirl View Post
Angelina, ciao bella from a gal whose last name ends in a vowel! You are so sweet. I wish I lived closer! Nothing like a big Sunday dinner, right? We are down here in SC outside of RH. Perhaps you can make it to the next CD CLT girl's night out and we can chat? Also, there is an upcoming Italian Fest at the St. Philip Neri church in Fort Mill - not my parish but I love that fest. A few of us CD people are hoping to attend. Here is a link to the Fest thread on CD York and Lancaster forum in SC, where a few of us discussed the fest, the cookies, our Italian background, etc. If you ever want to chat about Italian stuff, do feel free to DM me.
BUMMER!! I would love to go but I'm working Thurs. & Fri. & running my subdivision's garage sale on Sat. I just checked out the site & now I'm hungry, LOL!! I LOVED going to the Italian feasts back in NY, especially when I was a kid. My church had one for San Gennaro. I remember the procession's with the money pinned to the statue, the band & dancing in the street, REAL Italian ice & zeppoles...YUM!!! OK, I have to go put on a pot of gravy now & make some Pizzelles!!!

BxRosie

Old 04-14-2008, 06:26 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,784,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
BUMMER!! I would love to go but I'm working Thurs. & Fri. & running my subdivision's garage sale on Sat. I just checked out the site & now I'm hungry, LOL!! I LOVED going to the Italian feasts back in NY, especially when I was a kid. My church had one for San Gennaro. I remember the procession's with the money pinned to the statue, the band & dancing in the street, REAL Italian ice & zeppoles...YUM!!! OK, I have to go put on a pot of gravy now & make some Pizzelles!!!

BxRosie
I used to go to San Gennaro in Newark when I was growing up. Those where some great memories. Now I'm hungry. I sure am going to miss alot of my families Italian traditions. I married and Irish/German. It took him a while to get used to a loud crowded house for Sunday dinner but he never complained about all the yummy food.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssd3 View Post
I used to go to San Gennaro in Newark when I was growing up. Those where some great memories. Now I'm hungry. I sure am going to miss alot of my families Italian traditions. I married and Irish/German. It took him a while to get used to a loud crowded house for Sunday dinner but he never complained about all the yummy food.
Me too, LOL! My Irish DH got used to the noise & food real fast. You should have seen the puzzled look on his face the 1st time my mother handed him the pizza pan & told him to go get the macaroni from the bedroom! Doesn't everyone keep their fresh macaroni drying out on the cotton table cloth spread out over the bed? LOL. After that, he was making cavatelli with her in the kitchen!

Yep...I miss the noise & the laughter & all the food every Sunday & on the Holidays. Of course, MY mother had the BEST meatballs!! LOL!!

Have you seen the "Italians in America" clip on You Tube yet? If not, check it out.....(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U08Bv7UQT1w).....It'll bring back nice memories.

BxRosie

Old 04-14-2008, 12:03 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,784,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
Me too, LOL! My Irish DH got used to the noise & food real fast. You should have seen the puzzled look on his face the 1st time my mother handed him the pizza pan & told him to go get the macaroni from the bedroom! Doesn't everyone keep their fresh macaroni drying out on the cotton table cloth spread out over the bed? LOL. After that, he was making cavatelli with her in the kitchen!

Yep...I miss the noise & the laughter & all the food every Sunday & on the Holidays. Of course, MY mother had the BEST meatballs!! LOL!!

Have you seen the "Italians in America" clip on You Tube yet? If not, check it out.....(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U08Bv7UQT1w).....It'll bring back nice memories.

BxRosie
OMG!!! I thought I was watching my family's home movies. Does your family have 2 kitchens? Thanks for sharing. I will pass it along to my family.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssd3 View Post
OMG!!! I thought I was watching my family's home movies. Does your family have 2 kitchens? Thanks for sharing. I will pass it along to my family.
I KNOW...ME TOO!!! LOL!!! Glad you liked it!

We lived in apartments so my family didn't have 2 kitchens, but...my relatives lived next door & 3 floors down so it sometimes felt like we had 2 kitchens.

BxRosie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte