Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2020, 09:02 AM

2 posts, read 1,621 times

Advertisements

My daughter is commuting from Pineville to UNCC and really wants to ride the Light Rail. Parking is a nightmare. She can't find anything at any station except Woodlawn, and she's scared to park there because a friend of hers got robbed at gunpoint there a few years ago. Today she tried the CW Clay parking lot, thinking that there would be spots because it costs money to park there. It's full too. Are there other options for parking (especially in the southern part of the line) that only insiders know about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2020, 01:04 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,396,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraLynne View Post
My daughter is commuting from Pineville to UNCC and really wants to ride the Light Rail. Parking is a nightmare. She can't find anything at any station except Woodlawn, and she's scared to park there because a friend of hers got robbed at gunpoint there a few years ago. Today she tried the CW Clay parking lot, thinking that there would be spots because it costs money to park there. It's full too. Are there other options for parking (especially in the southern part of the line) that only insiders know about?

Arrowood always had some available. Tyvola too.

She should try those 2.

Driving to CW Clay seems like a waste at that point. Unless she's trying to avoid paying the UNCC parking fees and use the Light Rail "free" (yeah, I know it's built into the tuition whether you use it or not).

Try those 2 stations if you haven't already.

Old 02-04-2020, 03:24 PM

2 posts, read 1,621 times
Thank you for your suggestions! Arrowood used to be an easy place to find a spot, but they are finally developing a neighborhood there, and it has been full every time she's tried there. I'll ask her if she's tried Tyvola or what her hesitation is about that lot.

Old 02-05-2020, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Thank you for your suggestions! Arrowood used to be an easy place to find a spot, but they are finally developing a neighborhood there, and it has been full every time she's tried there. I'll ask her if she's tried Tyvola or what her hesitation is about that lot.
Yeah. Arrowood is smaller but Tyvola is a very large one. Hopefully that works out.

Old 02-11-2020, 07:33 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,599,174 times
If you mean JW Clay there would be no point in parking there. Its across the street from UNCC.

Old 04-22-2020, 08:54 PM

116 posts, read 212,633 times
Quote:
My daughter will be attending UNCC soon. Is the Light Rail safe at all times of the day?

Old 04-23-2020, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennettJ View Post
My daughter will be attending UNCC soon. Is the Light Rail safe at all times of the day?

Like most mass transit systems, it's more so the walk to/from the station. Overall it is pretty safe. I can't think of many areas where the walk isn't safe but in general, it is always best to be cautious when it is dark and not a lot of people around.

It is very safe compared to most other mass transit systems

Old 05-04-2020, 05:01 PM

615 posts, read 538,178 times
I have used the light rail many times and during the day it is very safe. The parking lots are also safe during the day. After dark, a single female should always be careful especially once the number of riders reduce due to later times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: